i heard some where that iOS5 will be given to iP4 users but not gs3 has any one heard this as well?
    05-13-2011 06:32 PM
    it's plausible Apple will upgrade and cut off devices when they can't run the new firmware well enough. I'm not sure that the 3Gs would be outdated so soon tho the 3G was supported up to 4.2.1 I think. So it's a toss up but I don't think that it will happen so soon they will most likely just restrict certain features that the 3Gs doesn't run up to their standards.
    05-14-2011 09:46 AM
    The 3G was supported for
    iOS4 but honestly what was the point? They didn't get multitasking, they didn't get folders, at least I believe they didn't. Those were the 2 biggest features. What did they get besides even laggier phones?
    05-14-2011 09:56 AM
    Actually the 3G did get folders and multitasking but from what I can remeber the article saying was that the cut off for io5 would be ip4 due to processor speed.
    05-14-2011 10:00 AM
    I know that the 3G didn't get multitasking.. Not unless you were jailbroken. Hmm. Hang on I'll google it to make sure
    05-14-2011 10:03 AM
    Why no iPhone 3G? Apple abjectly refuses to put their name on an implementation where hardware constrains software see video recording last year and that means iPhone 3G isnt up to their multitasking standards.

iOS 4 walkthrough | TiPb
    05-14-2011 10:08 AM
    Who thinks the 3Gs will be off the iOS5 boat? I think it will still be supported but it will just be restricted from some features.
    05-14-2011 10:19 AM
    That's what I'm expecting. It will be supported but won't have all the features of ios5. As long ad iPhone 4 has all the features then were good lol.

What would be awesome is if apple made a way to decide which apps would be left in the multitasking bar. Like, if you set say safari to close once the app is exited, then it would remove itself from the multitasking bar as well. That and I would love for the to have a better notification system. But that's everyone. I like the way lockinfo puts icons in the info bar at the top of the phone when you receive an email. That's the way iOS should of been from day 1. That or at least a pop up like text messages get for email. And also the calendar reminders should say the title of the event when the alert sounds.
    05-14-2011 10:33 AM
    The 3Gs didn't get the new ringtones from iOS 4.2, I'm not sure, but I don't think it has battery percentage either. It will support iOS 5, that's for sure, but possibly not full iOS 5.
    05-14-2011 09:40 PM
    It has battery percentage. That feature was there before ios4
    05-14-2011 09:51 PM
    3G has folders, but no multitasking or wallpaper. I agree with the above, 3GS will probably get something out of iOS 5, but not everything. They will leave out just enough to make us 3GS users *really* want to upgrade!
    05-15-2011 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD