Hi, my wife's computer crashed and she now has to get a new one. Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on how she can connect to itunes on a new computer and not lose what is currently on her iphone? What are the prompts that will come up when she first connects her iphone to a new itunes library on a new computer?

Thanks
    05-12-2011 09:12 PM
    Is your wife on Mac or PC?
    First of all, make sure she does not connect her iPhone to iTunes otherwise she may end up with a blank device.
    What she has to do now is to load up the new iTunes library from the iPhone using some iPhone-to-computer-transfer tool such as CopyTrans (Win) or Senuti (Mac OS). Please let me know if you need a step-by-step on how to proceed.
    05-13-2011 03:00 AM
    She has a PC. Yes that would be very helpful, thanks.
    05-13-2011 08:00 AM
    Well, I am not allowed to post direct links right now. However if you go to our website (copytrans.net) and click on the 'CopyTrans' tab under the Support section, you will find some step-by-step tutorials that will guide you through all the process to re-build your iTunes library from the iPhone on your PC.
    Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
    05-17-2011 05:36 AM
    Pod to Mac (or Pod to PC, on their site as well) lets you copy everything from the phone over as well.
    05-17-2011 01:01 PM
    Well, I am not allowed to post direct links right now. However if you go to our website (copytrans.net) and click on the 'CopyTrans' tab under the Support section, you will find some step-by-step tutorials that will guide you through all the process to re-build your iTunes library from the iPhone on your PC.
    Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
    Hi, which copytrans product should I download, there are multiple ones and not sure which one is the best to completely replicate what is on her iphone currently including photo's, settings, messages, etc.

Thanks
    05-18-2011 11:40 AM
    For now, you should be able to transfer your wife's iPhone using:

*CopyTrans for the music, videos, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, voice memos, ebooks, ringtones and so on.
    *CopyTrans Photo for the pictures.
    *A Google, Yahoo or Mobile Me account to backup your contacts, emails, notes and calendar events.
    *Applications will transfer both ways as explained here:
    Transfer Applications from iPhone to iTunes: Apple News, Tips and Reviews
    05-19-2011 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD