question about chargers

soxfan2314

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all! I've had an iPhone on AT&T for years and recently switched to Verizon. The guy at the Verizon store told me I couldn't use my old chargers with my new phone because of the different networks. He subsiquently sold me a new car charger. I was wondering if this is true? I don't really see why they wouldn't work...

thanks!

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That just doesn't sound right to me. I wouldn't think the networks would have anything to do with a phone charger?? I could "possibly" understand if it's a move from an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 4 but that's about it. I'm not even 100% sure that would even make a difference.

soxfan2314

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I know, right?! I did switch from the 3g to the 4...but it still doesn't really make sense. I just don't want to ruin the battery if I try.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
And yet another verizon moron.

Their the same phone. Regardless of networks, it's the same brand of phone. I would try out the old charger you have. Surely it will work. And when it does go back return the one he sold you and ask to speak to his manager and tell the manager what a dumba.. He is.

That's just what I would do anyways. He just wanted to sell you something. I hope anyways. Otherwise, he shouldn't be working there lol

soxfan2314

May 12, 2011
Visit site
And yet another verizon moron.

Their the same phone. Regardless of networks, it's the same brand of phone. I would try out the old charger you have. Surely it will work. And when it does go back return the one he sold you and ask to speak to his manager and tell the manager what a dumba.. He is.

That's just what I would do anyways. He just wanted to sell you something. I hope anyways. Otherwise, he shouldn't be working there lol

That is exactly what I thought!! He made me buy the car charger (well..didn't force me to...but offered to "take care of the activation fee if i bought the charger")...so I did. To save $5. I'll try it and see what happens...and then return it! Thanks!!

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh man. Ouch on verizons end. I wonder if they have commissions on accessories or maybe it is certain goals that they have to meet.

soxfan2314

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they have monthly goals or something like that. Honestly, I'll probably just go in and exchange the charger for a case. But I think it's BS that he told me to buy it in the first place.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea they well tell you anything to get you to buy accessories. You have to watch that. Although in a honesty, if they waved the activation fee and you still saved $5 it's not a bad deal, but it's still messed up that they told you your old ones wouldnt work

soxfan2314

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I know. Jerks. :) I probably would have bought a case that night instead of the charger if I would have known the other one would work. I did try my home charger on the new phone, and it works. So I'm assuming the car one will work too. I'll try it before I take the new one back. (he also told me the usb cable from my old phone wouldn't work either)

Benn00

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I can 100% guarantee you that the chargers will work on both phones, I'd definitely return that one and ask for some sort of compensation for being lied to

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon employees are so entertaining... I had a 45 minute conversation with one late last summer, while getting a replacement BlackBerry, about Verizon/iPhone rumors... he SWORE to me that Verizon would never get the iPhone, as they have Android. I told him rumors were pointing the other way, and presented him with a crapload of information from various tech sites...and he turned around and tried to sell me an Android phone... I'm like, "Dude, I'm getting a free replacement BlackBerry, why would I shell out $600+ for an Android phone??" Haha.

This is hilarious though. Why on earth would they not work? It would be the dumbest decision on the PLANET to make a CDMA phone and change the charging port... no existing accessories would work. What a dum-dum.

Case-wise, I highly recommend the InCase slider case. My phone took a HUGE tumble in that case (I accidentally threw it 20 ft. across a parking lot... long story) and while the case and screen protector got dinged up, the phone was spotless.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello all! I've had an iPhone on AT&T for years and recently switched to Verizon. The guy at the Verizon store told me I couldn't use my old chargers with my new phone because of the different networks. He subsiquently sold me a new car charger. I was wondering if this is true? I don't really see why they wouldn't work...

thanks!

I call B.S. No difference between power requirements for an AT&T iPhone and a VZW iPhone... (note: cell phone salesmen work on commission.)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting to hear why Devon threw her phone "accidentally" across a parking lot lol

*sigh* I was being really stupid lol... I bought the case, and it came with a little stand thing, and I was walking around holding the little stand with my phone sitting in it like an idiot... and I tripped over a lump in the parking lot as I was jogging across in front of a car coming down the lane... and it totally went flying haha.

Not recommended btw...

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
That sounds more like an experience to be had at a Verizon agent than a corporate store. If not, an experience with somebody nowhere in the league of the Verizon store employees in my area.

If this is a Verizon store just return what you don't need.