So last week I tried staying on iOS 4.3.3 and not having it jailbroken. that didnt last long, I think I lasted about a day and I needed my bitesms back and my Matte Nano theme back. Lol

Kinda like ipheuria's (i think I spelled his name right) experiment about going back to iphone 1st gen for a week. That wont last long either.
    05-12-2011 04:54 PM
    it's a vicious circle.. welcome back, to the better side
    05-12-2011 04:58 PM
    oh i knew i was coming back, I was kind of getting ready for iOS5 because Im sure there wont be a jailbreak available quickly for iOS 5 but I know I'll wanna update ASAP for the new features
    05-12-2011 05:12 PM
    lol oh ye of little faith lol yeah I went through just this when I upgraded to 4.3.2 boy did I learn my lesson.
    05-12-2011 05:49 PM
    I have the same problem now as well! lol
    05-16-2011 07:27 PM
    I have the same problem. I update and say, "this time I'm not going to jailbreak..." but I always end up trying and keeping it that way. I love BiteSMS , infinity folders, black an white pop ups and LockInfo.
    05-16-2011 11:58 PM
    New iphone user here and just jailbroke my Verizon iP4 after having the iphone for 3 months..... I can't ever see going back to stock. I agree that BiteSMS is a must-have now. Just a few apps have made it well worth it.

I came from Android (evo) and LockInfo gives me back my infoshade status bar that I missed. And BiteSMS is even better than Handcent was on my Evo. I also really like RemindMeLater which finally gives me a SNOOZE OPTION in the stock calendar (wtf apple?). Also theming the phone is awesome.

Jailbreak FTW. I simply cannot imagine going back to stock. At least until we see what iOS 5 brings....
    05-17-2011 12:29 AM
    New iphone user here and just jailbroke my Verizon iP4 after having the iphone for 3 months..... I can't ever see going back to stock. I agree that BiteSMS is a must-have now. Just a few apps have made it well worth it.

I came from Android (evo) and LockInfo gives me back my infoshade status bar that I missed. And BiteSMS is even better than Handcent was on my Evo. I also really like RemindMeLater which finally gives me a SNOOZE OPTION in the stock calendar (wtf apple?). Also theming the phone is awesome.

Jailbreak FTW. I simply cannot imagine going back to stock. At least until we see what iOS 5 brings....
    agreed. biteSMS & LockInfo alone are enough to jailbreak

i too love RemindMeLater.. how do you configure yours with LockInfo? do you just use it separate from LI? also, the beta LockInfo now sends your calendar alerts to your notification section, which you can set up repeat alerts as well

i'm having a difficult time deciding what exactly to do with my calendar alerts. the snooze feature with RemindMeLater is awesome
    05-17-2011 01:18 AM
    agreed. biteSMS & LockInfo alone are enough to jailbreak

i too love RemindMeLater.. how do you configure yours with LockInfo? do you just use it separate from LI? also, the beta LockInfo now sends your calendar alerts to your notification section, which you can set up repeat alerts as well

i'm having a difficult time deciding what exactly to do with my calendar alerts. the snooze feature with RemindMeLater is awesome
    This is one of the biggest gripes I have had with my iphone... I like to be "nagged" sometimes when I get a calendar alert, something that just keeps repeating until I dismiss or snooze. Up until I jailbroke, I was using 2Do (app) to manage my agenda, and used email alerts from within the app, which arrived in my PushMail app. Pushmail lets me configure repeating alerts for emails from specified senders (custom filter/tone/etc). This was great, but no snooze..... So I also used an app called Alarmed, which has a great nag-alarm with lots of snooze options.

*NOW* I have been trying different configurations, but right now I have the following setup:

Using app called "Week Calendar" ($1.99 but worth it) for general calendar entries, calendar is synced with my google calendar. I use LockInfo for Calendar notifications, which displays the icon on my status bar as well as a preview on the lock screen. Lockinfo also offers a repeating alert which I have disabled. Then, in RemindMeLater I have set up a repeating alert with snooze options for all event reminders (will repeat up to 5 times, if you need more, just use LockInfo repeating alerts, and RemindMeLater for snooze only).

This sure seems like a lot of crap just to get a functional calendar on my iphone that offers all the features I am used to..... seems like it should be a lot easier than this, Apple really needs to give the Calendar/PDA functions of the iPhone a LOT of attention.

Hoping for better in iOS 5
    05-17-2011 01:31 AM
    This is one of the biggest gripes I have had with my iphone... I like to be "nagged" sometimes when I get a calendar alert, something that just keeps repeating until I dismiss or snooze. Up until I jailbroke, I was using 2Do (app) to manage my agenda, and used email alerts from within the app, which arrived in my PushMail app. Pushmail lets me configure repeating alerts for emails from specified senders (custom filter/tone/etc). This was great, but no snooze..... So I also used an app called Alarmed, which has a great nag-alarm with lots of snooze options.

*NOW* I have been trying different configurations, but right now I have the following setup:

Using app called "Week Calendar" ($1.99 but worth it) for general calendar entries, calendar is synced with my google calendar. I use LockInfo for Calendar notifications, which displays the icon on my status bar as well as a preview on the lock screen. Lockinfo also offers a repeating alert which I have disabled. Then, in RemindMeLater I have set up a repeating alert with snooze options for all event reminders (will repeat up to 5 times, if you need more, just use LockInfo repeating alerts, and RemindMeLater for snooze only).

This sure seems like a lot of crap just to get a functional calendar on my iphone that offers all the features I am used to..... seems like it should be a lot easier than this, Apple really needs to give the Calendar/PDA functions of the iPhone a LOT of attention.

Hoping for better in iOS 5
    I also used 2Do but became too much of a PIA after a while. wow, just downloaded Week Calendar and it does indeed look amazing and useful. unfortunately i use SpringClean and use the No badges feature so i am unable to use the date/badge feature. need to find a workaround for this. i am pretty stoked i can use my google and work exchange through it as well.

as far as your configuration described above, i'm going to give it a try because it looks like it works very well. thanks for the heads up!
    05-17-2011 02:11 AM
    I also used 2Do but became too much of a PIA after a while. wow, just downloaded Week Calendar and it does indeed look amazing and useful. unfortunately i use SpringClean and use the No badges feature so i am unable to use the date/badge feature. need to find a workaround for this. i am pretty stoked i can use my google and work exchange through it as well.

as far as your configuration described above, i'm going to give it a try because it looks like it works very well. thanks for the heads up!
    No problem. Now the only thing that I'm missing is an integrated task list, have to use a separate app. But I really like syncing with my google calendar, which I use google gears on my pc with offline access, this gives me a synced calendar across all devices.
    05-17-2011 09:00 AM
    I used to be Team Pure because I didn't want the bugs I got everytime I JB with greenpois0n, but 4.2.7 brought on bugs of its own, so I figured what the heck Now I can't go back I'm hooked on Notified Pro, SB Settings, Five Icon Dock, Infinifolders, Mail Enhancer, and making my iPhone as bright and colorful as humanly possible! (gotta show off that Retina!) That, and redsn0w is a lot more stable than greenpois0n... I've only had my Springboard crash once, and that was when I had Dreamboard installed.
    05-17-2011 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD