So for a completely unrelated reason I found myself needing to restore my iPhone. It would not boot up. For some reason it went totally bonkers. Anyway I restored my iPhone and thankfully had a backup from the previous night. Two hours later viola. All done and everything it back exactly as it was before except I noticed something curious. Prior to the update I had about 1.5GB free on my 32GB iPhone 4. Now I have 3.2GB free. Was there really that much junk on my iPhone and did a restore really clear it out? I'm usually pretty good about keeping my iPhone tidy, especially since I typically keep my phone pretty full. I have an older iOS app called iStat that can kill old processes and free up memory on my phone. I just have no idea how 1.7GB of space is suddenly freed up. Ideas?
    05-12-2011 09:16 AM
    Maybe you didn't put something back on. Did you happen to glance at how much space "other" was taking up before you restored? I just restored my iPhone (as new) as well and my "other" section shrank by 300MB.
    05-12-2011 10:03 AM
    I need to do the same
    05-12-2011 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD