Can I revert to a previous iPhone version

Boballyn

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I Updated to iPhone version 4.3.3 before I read the illegal activities of Steve whatever his last name is (the iPhone guy), can I revert back. I am sick of lack of privacy in this country. Ready to dump cell phones, just use the AAA emergency skeleton phone. Any suggestions, anyone?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also, 4.3.3 is the version that FIXED the "lack of privacy," so I don't think you want to revert to anything.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I Updated to iPhone version 4.3.3 before I read the illegal activities of Steve whatever his last name is (the iPhone guy), can I revert back. I am sick of lack of privacy in this country. Ready to dump cell phones, just use the AAA emergency skeleton phone. Any suggestions, anyone?

You can but it takes some work; google the instructions.

However, you should know that 4.3.3 changed the way that location database works (it never actually was tracking you anyway) so by going back you will be going back to the system that everyone went crazy over.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I find it so funny, not directed at you OP just an after thought. Everyone went crazy because the location data was being kept on the phone. However I am willing to bet that if Apple had brought out a location based login for Ping like Gowalla and others, people would have been overjoyed lol. Silly humans trix are for kids.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I find it kind of amusing that people are freaking out so much over this. With facebooks "places checkin" and foursquare and other similar social networking means, we are telling the world where we are all the time anyways. So what if my phone keeps track of where I've been or whatever. I have nothing to hide.

Just my $.02