All my apps are broken

Lucifer#IM

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I had an iphone 3gs and recently replaced it with an iphone 4.
So far, so good...

After a few days i updated it with itunes to 4.3.3 and transfered all my apps i had on the 3gs to the iphone 4.

And now none of them work anymore.
Not even the ones i bought on the 4 in the meanwhile.

Whenever i click an app i get a black screen for just a split second and then just back to home screen.

anyone have a suggestion other then just buying all the apps again (hoping they will work).

Thx in advance,
Lucifer

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I doubt you could buy the apps again - iTunes knows what you have bought and haven't and they won't really let you do that I don't think.

I think you probably might want to do a restore and then re-install? If that doesn't work then I'd bring it back to the apple store - you shouldn't have every app fail to load.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Something is up with your phone. You need to do sync your apps onto iTunes. Do a full
restore of your phone as brand new and then sync your apps back. If it doesn't work
then you need to take it back to where you bought it.

On a side note: If you actually purchase an app from the app store you can download it
again without having to pay again. It recognizes your account and that you've already
purchased the app. iTunes may get this soon with music.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah like these guys said your apps are crashing and that shouldn't be the case. I would just hook up to iTunes and uncheck Sync apps then do a sync. This will remove all the apps from the phone. Do a reboot and then hook back up and click sync apps and then sync to put the apps back onto your phone. If they still continue to crash I wouldn't even bother reloading the firmware just take it to an Apple store for a replacement unit.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
All you have to do is sign in and out of the APP STORE on your phone, and download a free app or something. Thats what you have to do. I prank my wifey with this method all the time, you just accidentally signed out of the app store on your phone or itunes and siging back out/in and downloading any free app will fix the issue

Reactions: anon(52425)

Thegreatone3

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Listen to touchyphone. Just download a free app and all should be well. It's happened to me before as well and this was the cure. :)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iTunes may get this soon with music.

Not to go off-topic, but don't get your hopes up on this. The iTunes ToS specifically states that when you purchase music, you are purchasing the right to play that song, and only one copy of that song. You are not actually purchasing the music, only the right to play one copy of it, and it also clearly states that if you lose your one licensed copy, you're SoL.

Apple might change this policy, but I doubt it :( It's worked well for them so far...

On topic: do the restore. Apps should not be crashing, period.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Not to go off-topic, but don't get your hopes up on this. The iTunes ToS specifically states that when you purchase music, you are purchasing the right to play that song, and only one copy of that song. You are not actually purchasing the music, only the right to play one copy of it, and it also clearly states that if you lose your one licensed copy, you're SoL.

Apple might change this policy, but I doubt it :( It's worked well for them so far...

On topic: do the restore. Apps should not be crashing, period.

There were some rumblings last month about it maybe becoming a reality. I
think there was a post on it on the front page. I'm with you though in thinking
that it probably won't happen anyway.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
All you have to do is sign in and out of the APP STORE on your phone, and download a free app or something. Thats what you have to do. I prank my wifey with this method all the time, you just accidentally signed out of the app store on your phone or itunes and siging back out/in and downloading any free app will fix the issue

solution ...

Reactions: anon(52425)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2