Top 10 Signs of Cell Phone Addiction

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
9-1...and like others have said, the annoyed spouse. My boyfriend tells me I spend more damn time on my phone r
than I spend with him.

This is just scary .:eek:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
LOL .. If anything for me its just a social media addiction - gotta check my twitter at least 5-15 times a day. Life of a college student. Disclaimer: Yes, I do have a 7 day a week job to support my living expenses so I'm actually just quite successful at managing my time. :D

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
10. You?ve spent more on accessories than on your phone.
-nope. I just get restless with cases- I have a bumper and a sleeve and am getting the power support crystal films.

9. You have 30 different apps installed. And use them all.
-I'm working my way up to 30 :)

8. You have alarms telling you when to do everything in your life.
-gulity as charged. But it is so helpful. I'd be lost without. It's not any different from having a day planner.

7. You read about your phone on your phone.
-hell yeah, I google news the white iphone daily. And iPhone 5

6. You?ve cut back on necessities to afford your $100 a month cell phone bill.
-nope. I get a discount from work which helps. I can still go out and eat.

5. A full battery charge barely lasts the day.
-it used to be true, but the iPhone 4's battery is pretty solid.

4. You broke it, and it feels like you lost a friend.
-my phone IS my friend, it's my personal assistant, I am OCD with it.

3. When you meet people with the same phone, you can only talk about the phone.
-I do that, but it's not the only thing I talk about. It's a ice breaker.

2. You feel a brief moment of panic when you touch your pocket (or grope to the bottom of your purse) and it?s gone.
-I freak out, it is my life.

1. You use it in the bathroom.
-I am guilty of this, but this is not wrong. I've always brought something with me- magazines, books, etc. So it's the same thing, but I've updated my reading material for the 21st century.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
1. You use it in the bathroom.
-I am guilty of this, but this is not wrong. I've always brought something with me- magazines, books, etc. So it's the same thing, but I've updated my reading material for the 21st century.

Reading is OK, conversing in the can is just plain wrong. The things I've heard from one side of a conversation going on in the stall next door... :eek:

Thegreatone3

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Heck no, I don't use the iPhone on the throne! That's what the iPad is for. ;)

And 30 apps? Please. I'm at 100 right now and I use 'em all! :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
One-Third of Smartphone Users Load Apps Before Getting Out of Bed [STUDY]

The mobile web has become such a significant part of our everyday lives that 35% of people are firing up apps on their smartphones before getting out of bed, according to an Ericsson ConsumerLab study.

Furthermore, 18% of consumers use social networking apps before they rise for the day; 10% use them while commuting, 34% use them late in the evening and 20% use them in bed before going to sleep.

Interestingly, consumers? behavior on the web has changed due to the Internet?s constant availability on smartphones and tablets. ?Prior to the introduction of smartphones, consumers tended to use the internet in ?chunks? ? they would tend to confine their internet activities to when they had an opportunity to sit in front of a computer,? the study says. ?Smartphones allow people to go online the very instant they get the impulse. Internet access is thus becoming more spontaneous and unplanned.?

The study also shows that consumers? habits do not depend so much on the device they have ? the apps they use are more important. The form factor also isn?t critical, as consumers are using apps on tablets in a similar way as they do on smartphones.

According to the study, many consumers cannot imagine their lives without apps that reside in the cloud. ?Consumers expect, and increasingly depend on, the ability to access online services easily at low cost and complexity from multiple locations during the day,? the study says.

The 18-month study on mobile Internet usage was conducted in a number of locations, including the U.S., Europe and Japan.

Have a look at the full report: Ericsson ConsumerLab - Ericsson

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
What is really bad is when I go to the can.... I sometimes have my iPad and my iPhone and almost forget why I went in there in the first place. lol

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
9, 7, 5, 4 (only for the lost of information stored), 2... 1. LOL! 2 especially, though. I forgot it once when I took a quick stop at a store, and I stuck my hand in my pocket no less than 7 times during the 15 minutes I was away from the phone...

This is great, thanks for sharing :)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Oh snap. Haha that's totally me too... Stop the alarm in the Clock app, then pick up the phone and check my email... get out of bed... news apps during coffee/breakfast... iPod during shower/getting done... Facebook on the walk to class... Facebook/Twitter between classes... Instapaper during meals... oh boy.

I definitely believe it, though. For me, the choice between iPhone and Android really came down to the apps. I had an iPod Touch 1st gen before and invested quite a bit into apps over the years... losing/repurchasing those would have been daunting and expensive. As long as the phone isn't pathetic, it really comes down to the apps for a lot of people I think.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal