New iPhone User soon

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I know, this is a pretty lame posting, but I just ordered 3 new iPhones for the family. I have always wanted an iPhone, but ATT's service is not that great where I live. When VZW came out with it, I was pretty darn excited, but still held off. Then when rumors started floating about dropping unlimited data, well the trigger had to be pulled. I am coming from the ancient Hero on sprint, so this is a huge upgrade. Though not new to the iOS scene, as my wife bought me an iPad 2 for my birthday.

The one question I do have, since I did purchase the unlimited data, do you think VZW will grandfather people in for unlimited data when contracts run out?

Anyways, can't wait for the phone. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure it will be garndfathered. At&t did and I would think Vzn will do the same if you already have it. I dont think they will want to tick off the current client that has it

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it will be garndfathered. At&t did and I would think Vzn will do the same if you already have it. I dont think they will want to tick off the current client that has it

That was my guess as well, just didn't know if there was any "inside info" I had missed.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have never had an issue, but a few years ago I had a friend that was going for a similar issue. They were allowed to grandfather the old option for one renewal, but when they went in for the next upgrade VZW told them that they would have to change to the new plan for the upgrade. My friend ended up just buying a new phone off of craigslist. YMMV of course, the policy changes all the time.

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Honeymoon Stage

Ok, so almost 24 hours into the phone, and man, I now know what I was missing. I know, I am still in the honeymoon stage of the iphone, but so far, here are come conclusions.

1. iTunes integration - Having come from android, it was a pain to try and sync my music and videos (my media was all stored in iTunes). I LOVE just being able to hook my phone up, sync, and then BAM, done. No tweeks, no third party apps. It just works

2. App Store - For some reason, the app store just seems more polished and clean then the market for android. Any time I tried to find an app in the market, I would look at the reviews and there was tons and tons of spam messages. You never really knew what you were getting until you downloaded it.

3. Apps- The apps for iOS look like they deserve to be there. The apps i downloaded from the market, well some were good, some look like a 4 year old designed them. And its true, there is an app for that in iOS

4. Stable OS - My main LOVE is that the OS is fluid and stable. I always had issues with force crashes and lock ups on Android, even after several factory resets.

Now, all tech have flaws / missing features. Will I miss my notifcation light, yes..(not going to jailbreak). Will I miss turn-by-turn google, heck yes. But honestly, I want something that works, and with Apple, that should be there moto...It works...:)

Will write another short snip after the honeymoon stage.

Last edited:

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so almost 24 hours into the phone, and man, I now know what I was missing. I know, I am still in the honeymoon stage of the iphone, but so far, here are come conclusions.

1. iTunes integration - Having come from android, it was a pain to try and sync my music and videos (my media was all stored in iTunes). I LOVE just being able to hook my phone up, sync, and then BAM, done. No tweeks, no third party apps. It just works

2. App Store - For some reason, the app store just seems more polished and clean then the market for android. Any time I tried to find an app in the market, I would look at the reviews and there was tons and tons of spam messages. You never really knew what you were getting until you downloaded it.

3. Apps- The apps for iOS look like they deserve to be there. The apps i downloaded from the market, well some were good, some look like a 4 year old designed them. And its true, there is an app for that in iOS

4. Stable OS - My main LOVE is that the OS is fluid and stable. I always had issues with force crashes and lock ups on Android, even after several factory resets.

Now, all tech have flaws / missing features. Will I miss my notifcation light, yes..(not going to jailbreak). Will I miss turn-by-turn google, heck yes. But honestly, I want something that works, and with Apple, that should be there moto...It works...:)

Will write another short snip after the honeymoon stage.

The Mapquest app has turn by turn directions and it's free. Go check it out. =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner