3G gets pokier still

metropical

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm tired of my 3G on 4.21.
Is there a way I can step back to 3.x?

The few apps I use worked much better and faster.
Holding out to see if iPhone 5 shows for Sept as a quad band.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
There are ways to go back, you can Google the steps. It doesn't always work out.

The iPhone 4 already is a quad band phone. Unless you mean dual mode GSM/CDMA.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's been awhile so I might be wrong but I believe one of the things that was different with the 3G is that you could load a different version of firmware easily. I may be wrong like I said but give this a try, before you start anything go into Cydia and look right at the top there should be a list of firmware versions. Post up here which versions you see, these will be the SHSH blobs you have saved on the Cydia servers and that will enable you to downgrade if my method doesn't work.

Get either Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) for 3.1.3 and make a custom firmware. Then put your phone into DFU mode and do a shift + restore in iTunes to restore the 3.1.3 it will wipe the phone. So make sure you backup and sync before you start. If it doesn't work then maybe I'm wrong and you'll need to know which versions of SHSH blobs you have saved.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I am still on a 3G with 4.2 also, and am getting frustrated with the delays too. I really want to hold out for the next HW release in September (or whenever), but it is getting difficult.

I think the problem is more on the app side than the iOS itself. Nobody is interested in optimizing for the smaller RAM of the 3G compared to the 3Gs and 4, while RAM- and CPU-hungry features keep getting added in.

metropical

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ipheuria.

There's some direction that sounds like what you refer to on redmondpie re downgrading to 3.13.
I'd post the link, but I'm not eligible yet.
Perhaps you could check and tell me if that's it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2