I'm having issues connecting to the network. Sitting in my family room, great signal strength, I sometimes cannot connect. The funny thing is my wife has no issues connecting with her older voyager sitting right next to me. If I reset most of the time I can get in. Last night we were out and she had no issues connecting but during a four hour time frame I could not connect. Talked to an apple tech and we did a reset, update but no real improvement. Any suggestions? I'm starting to think it's my new iphone4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-07-2011 09:48 AM
    That's unusual- maybe you should switch out phones... that kind of behavior sounds like my old AT&T iPhone.

My Verizon iPhone has been superb. No issues here.
    05-07-2011 10:19 AM
    Well an update. If I reboot or *228 I can connect for awhile. Problem is I shouldn't have to resort to these types of work arounds. I went the verizon store and I was very polite but firm on fixing or replacement. The managers reply was basically live with it. Next step is trying the apple store. Any one experience this on there phone?

05-08-2011 09:47 AM
    try the apple store... "live with it" is not an option. its absurd that you spent money on a phone and verizon says "live with it"... apple will stand behind their product and will almost positively replace it..
    05-08-2011 09:51 AM
    Whenever there is an issue with data my default suggestion is to go to settings>reset>reset network settings. Note: You may have to re-enter WiFi passwords after the reset.

When I first got my VZW iP4 I had a similar issue but mine would lose 3G intermittently but doing the reset fixed it for me.
    05-08-2011 10:30 AM
    Apple is amazing. The tech listened to my story then ran a diag on the phone. His next reply knocked my sox off "we want to make sure you're happy, if you ok with it we'll give you a new phone". I'm now the owner of a iphone4 that connects with no issues. APPLE ROCKS

05-10-2011 08:51 PM
    Apple is amazing. The tech listened to my story then ran a diag on the phone. His next reply knocked my sox off "we want to make sure you're happy, if you ok with it we'll give you a new phone". I'm now the owner of a iphone4 that connects with no issues. APPLE ROCKS

And from my previous experience with Apple, this is why they have such a loyal customer base. They want to make sure your happy with the end result. Not just, live with it/deal with it/heres a work around.
    05-11-2011 08:30 AM
    my son got an ipod touch for Christmas. Before we could get a cover for it he stepped out of my truck and BAM ipod dropped and shatered the screen!! Went to the Apple store and the young girl in there was so sympathetic. She replaced it no charge because the (digitizer didn't work wink wink)!! I will admit Apple customer service is the best

Chris
    05-11-2011 09:11 AM
    I was having this very same issue for the last two days. I called Verizon twice, they claimed they updated the network on their side and after that, I was able to connect for like 15 minutes. I eventually figured out it was my wifi, so I reset the router and reconnected and everything is fine now.
    05-11-2011 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD