at what point do you charge your iDevice?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do admit i have a serious OCD issue. my anxieties start to rise around 60%. i have no idea why as i have never ran my battery completely dead

i'd have to say i start looking for a charger around 40%, which is crazy because technically i should be good for another 4-5 hours?? or so.. weird

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Usually I just throw it on the charger at the end of the night. But I won't throw it on the charger before that unless the battery is real low or the battery is low and I know I'm going somewhere and will be away from a charger for a while

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same as Jason G, my battery lasts the whole day and I just charge it over night, but unless it's low cause I used it a lot or I know I'm going out at night and won't be able to charge it, then I'll charge it before I leave.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Since talking to the battery expert, I let mine run down as far as it will go. I've gotten to the point where now and then I'll get the low battery warning in the evening, and if I need to use the phone for something, I'll charge it for a few minutes, just so I can get through whatever task it is, otherwise I just let it go, and put it on the charger when I go to bed.

golfnut

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I let mine almost die or die every time. It will give me around 1 1/2 days or more per charge...for those who haven't tried it yet, the last 30% lasts forreevverr..haha.

To add..right now my ip4 stands at 3hrs 48min usage, 1 day, 9hrs standby and has 40% left.

Last edited:

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
On weekdays, it's almost always plugged in. I have it in the cradle n my work truck and use Bluetooth. On weekends I usually only charge when it gets to 10%.

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I usually let my iPhone get down to single digits before I charge it. I try and let it die completely at least twice a month.

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I charge when it gets down to 10% or if I'm going out I make sure to charge it hours before

Same here. I will have upgraded to the next model by the time I experience any battery trouble.

Exception: I spend summer months away from regular power so I solarcharge as often as possible.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
forgot to mention i in fact do a power cycle once a month

regarding me never had an issue with running my battery dead; i was meaning why do i start to freak out when i get to the 60%-40% area.. as if it were time to worry?? haha

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
forgot to mention i in fact do a power cycle once a month

regarding me never had an issue with running my battery dead; i was meaning why do i start to freak out when i get to the 60%-40% area.. as if it were time to worry?? haha

I get the same anxious feeling XD I think it's from having had a blackberry before my iP4... getting to the 60% mark usually meant it was about 2 in the afternoon and i needed to turn everything down and close any unnecessary apps if I wanted to make it until 6pm lol. With the iPhone, I charge it in a pattern: one day I'll charge it when I'm getting done in the morning, then the next day I'll charge it at about 7pm. then I'll skip a day and then charge it when I'm getting done, etc. If that's confusing, it pretty much means I go about 36 hrs between charges. I'm usually down to 10% or so then. Once I finish up my last finals I'll be charging this thing daily as I'll be whipping out Infinity Blade again ;)

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I usually never let mine run below 90%! Seriously! I'm always charging it in the car on from my laptop. I guess i get paranoid too. I will let it run down once a month, though. I actually previously used a Palm Pre where they actually told users it works best if you "top it off" several times during the day.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I try to kill it. I have only gotten to actually kill it once. Usually I put it on around 5%. I charge every 2 or 3 days thereabouts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro