Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Hi

Im trying to update my iPhone to the latest 4.3.3 software. Im currently on 4.3.1 which is jailbroken. When i tried to update my iPhone 4 to 4.3.3 via iTune i keep getting the following error:

The phone "xxxx" could not be updated. This device isn't eligible for requested build.

How can i get past this? I dont understand why i cant update to the lastest iOS.

I have tried restore, update and manual update.. all failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: All fixed
    Last edited by KBv1; 05-06-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    05-06-2011 05:32 PM
    Hi,
    I have the same problem, how do you success to update ?
    05-06-2011 06:24 PM
    I found an answer that worked for me from YourSn0w. It doesn't require much aside from a terminal app.
    05-06-2011 06:57 PM
    just goto /etc/ open ur host file and remove all the lines that have gs.apple
    save it
    and try again.. all good!
    cheers
    05-12-2011 01:21 AM
    please share what fixed it for you, so others that had or have it in the future can read this and get help instantly
    05-12-2011 06:55 AM
    I've spent the last couple of hours trying to fix this issue, and what ckalli said is a good, working fix! In slightly easier to follow terms:

Open 'Finder'

Click 'Go' from the menu bar, and choose 'Go to Folder'

Type "/etc/" (without quotes), then click the 'Go' button

From the folder that opens, double click on the 'hosts' file to open it

A list of IP addresses/numbers with labels will open. Delete the label 'apple.gs', and delete the IP address next to it - DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER ENTRIES

Save this file, and procede to update your iOS device as normal.

I hope this helps! And thanks to ckalli for the steps!
    06-07-2011 08:36 AM
    search on here for threads started by me and look for "What to do if you can't upgrade using iTunes..."

http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...heck-here.html
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 06-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    06-07-2011 10:41 AM
    I've spent the last couple of hours trying to fix this issue, and what ckalli said is a good, working fix! In slightly easier to follow terms:

Open 'Finder'

Click 'Go' from the menu bar, and choose 'Go to Folder'

Type "/etc/" (without quotes), then click the 'Go' button

From the folder that opens, double click on the 'hosts' file to open it

A list of IP addresses/numbers with labels will open. Delete the label 'apple.gs', and delete the IP address next to it - DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER ENTRIES

Save this file, and procede to update your iOS device as normal.

I hope this helps! And thanks to ckalli for the steps!
    I can confirm that removing the gs.apple line from /etc/hosts fixed the problem for me. Sadly, after calling for iPhone support the first time yesterday, it was left unresolved overnight. Today when I called them, the support tech I talked to made it sounds like it was the first and foremost culprit. In any case, worked for me, hope it helps others out!
    06-15-2011 02:31 PM
    in the hosts file there is nothing that says apple.gs so I still cannot update to 4.3.3.
    Does it matter that I am still on 4.0.1?
    07-25-2011 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD