Official iOS 4.2.8 Update for Verizon

kagee#IM

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried to update mine through itunes but it gave me an error saying "The iPhone could not be updated. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." Any suggestions? Thanks

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried to update mine through itunes but it gave me an error saying "The iPhone could not be updated. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." Any suggestions? Thanks

The PRL gets updated with *228 send option 2. Not with iTunes

kagee#IM

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
4.2.8 is the version of iOS. Totally different from the PRL. PRL has to do with cell towers, iOS os the software of the phone.

Yes. I am having trouble installing the new iOS updated software to the phone. It tells me my device is not eligible for the requested build.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I am having trouble installing the new iOS updated software to the phone. It tells me my device is not eligible for the requested build.

Not trying to be mean but you ask a question you need to read the answer. The iOS software is not what was update. The PRL has to do with cell towers and roaming etc. There is NO new iOS download for Verizon.

kagee#IM

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be mean but you ask a question you need to read the answer. The iOS software is not what was update. The PRL has to do with cell towers and roaming etc. There is NO new iOS download for Verizon.

Ok, thanks for trying to help but i thought the thread was named "Official iOS 4.2.8 Update for Verizon". I have iOS version 4.2.6 and was having trouble upgrading. Sorry if i was mistaken.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, thanks for trying to help but i thought the thread was named "Official iOS 4.2.8 Update for Verizon". I have iOS version 4.2.6 and was having trouble upgrading. Sorry if i was mistaken.

Kagee,

Sounds like an issue with host files to me. Let me get you a link to a youtube video that shows how to clear the host files whether you are on windows or mac. Once the host files are cleared give the update a go again.

Go here and follow the instructions. They are for a different error, but I used them for the same error you are having and it worked great. Good luck.

kagee#IM

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Kagee,

Sounds like an issue with host files to me. Let me get you a link to a youtube video that shows how to clear the host files whether you are on windows or mac. Once the host files are cleared give the update a go again.

Go and follow the instructions. They are for a different error, but I used them for the same error you are having and it worked great. Good luck.

Worked like a champ. Now I have the iOS 4.2.8.

Digitalkill#IM

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Question...Why does it seem that i only get text when im on a call .. all the text i get or coming in to me only pop up in masses when im on a call otherwise it takes a while for me to recieve or send them...or when they recieve it sometimes i have to send it twice for them to get it.. any help!? Verizon iPhone4

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73