Official iOS 4.2.8 Update for Verizon

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded and now I can?t open my apps. It starts to open them then just goes back to the home screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to these forums,and am currently an Android user(EVO 4g),and am thinking of getting an iPhone at the end of my contract. One of my most important questions is: Does every iPhone get an update no matter with generation it is examples, 3g,3gs,etc? The reason I'm asking is because with Android phones the older(more than 1 yr old)they are they get no more updates(froyo,gingerbread,etc)because they want you to buy another expensive phone every 1 or 2 years. I understand that's how they make money,but it's wrong. I've heard that Apple keeps their phones up to date is this true? I shouldn't have to buy the EVO 3D just to have the latest updates-not if I can't or don't want to. Thanks to all that respond to my question! :eek:)

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to these forums,and am currently an Android user(EVO 4g),and am thinking of getting an iPhone at the end of my contract. One of my most important questions is: Does every iPhone get an update no matter with generation it is examples, 3g,3gs,etc? The reason I'm asking is because with Android phones the older(more than 1 yr old)they are they get no more updates(froyo,gingerbread,etc)because they want you to buy another expensive phone every 1 or 2 years. I understand that's how they make money,but it's wrong. I've heard that Apple keeps their phones up to date is this true? I shouldn't have to buy the EVO 3D just to have the latest updates-not if I can't or don't want to. Thanks to all that respond to my question! :eek:)

The updates from Apple will get you through almost 2 years. But even after the 2 years you still have an awesome phone.

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Are there any big differences between this new os and the os the phone originally had when verizon offered it? I'm still on the first verizon os, jailbroken, and don't know if it's worth going through the hassle of backing everything up, re-jailbreaking, setting up as new phone, and re-installing everything.