White iPhone 4 screen very 'yellow' and dark compared to Black iPhone 4

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I got a White iPhone 4 on Friday and switched it on today - compared it side by side with the Black one and the White one has a very dull yellow screen - almost a yellow hue. I didn't notice this until it was beside the Black one but now it's bugging the hell out of me! :(

My contract is being cancelled due to lack of service where I live so I took the opportunity to get a newly released iPhone 4 in White but now I feel a little disappointed.

Has anyone else experienced this?!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is a known issue, even on a few of the Black iPhones. If it bothers you a lot, I would try to get it exchanged for a new one while you still can. Some feel that the yellow has to do with the glue not drying properly, and will over time. However, I have read where some people did wait and the problem never went away until they got s new iPhone....

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's not a matter of the glue "not drying properly", but rather an issue with the glue not being completely dry/cured at this point. It should clear up all by itself within a few days... but if it is extremely bothersome, you can always try to exchange it...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's not a matter of the glue "not drying properly", but rather an issue with the glue not being completely dry/cured at this point. It should clear up all by itself within a few days... but if it is extremely bothersome, you can always try to exchange it...

That isn't the case. My wifes white is exactly the same as the OP. It doesn't bother her. I noticed it and pointed it out to her. She says it's fine the way it is. If it was me, I'd swap it and if it happen again I would return it.

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged it and the new one is exactly the same. I googled this problem with the White iPhone 4 and a lot of people have said they have the same problem!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Define a lot of people. When you google something...there is going to be a lot of things. I am quite sure the results you found were a very small percentage of overall white iPhone 4 users. In fact, a co-worker bought one today (verizon) and I looked at it and saw no difference.

However it was defaced with a horrible screen protector and case.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I exchanged it and the new one is exactly the same. I googled this problem with the White iPhone 4 and a lot of people have said they have the same problem!

Compare it to the displays at Apple. That will tell you. We compare my wifes at Apple and most were the same as ours but different from the black

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried to upload a picture but it wasn't working. I will try again later when I am at a computer. I have a photo of them side by side and then screen shots from each! There is quite a big difference.

iostehk

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My white iphone 4 was also yellowish when i purchased at release took it back to the apple store they went to the back a brought me out a new one lucky me it has the cool blue screen!

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Just bought the white iPhone 4. No problems whatsoever. No wierd screen color. Nothing else acting wierd. Nothing different asides from the color and being a better looking phone cause of the color =} lol

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
In the beginning, I wasn't really bothered by the "yellowish" screen color. Then I went back to my black iphone for a few days. Now I am using my white iphone again and the difference is bugging me. I may have to go back to AT&T and do a swap. Hmmmm..........

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR