I had this exact problem!! 4 white iPhones and many hours spent at genius bar, and calling apple I finally got one that isn't yellow hue. I told them if the next one was yellow again I was gonna return it and they were gonna buy my contract out on Verizon (their stupid dumb *** 14 day policy.) Now the problem I have is a little light leakage. But heck no am I going to go through this crap again. I'm seriously thinking when my 2 years are up I will not upgrade to iPhone 6 or whatever is out. I'm done and not pleased with apple anymore.
    07-28-2011 01:34 AM
    When IP first came out they had a blueish tint on them... starting week 38 or even earlier production the display manufacturer that was used were all yellow screens.

In all honesty compared to the blue tinge vs the yellow tinge i think the yellow maybe a little better as its "warm" and not super "cool" temperature wise.

I had to go do this ordeal with my ip4 when it first came out and after switching a dozen or so phones even some brand new ones i just settled. At one point i had about 6 ip4s with me and they all had yellow tinge to them some were more than the others.

Recently i had to exchange mine for home button issue and the one i got was exactly the same...

Here is a screen shot of a few ip4s with various build weeks... auto brightness disabled max brightness.

07-28-2011 09:25 AM
    My text again as it was limited to a width and my text never got wrapped around.

----

When IP first came out they had a blueish tint on them... starting week 38 or even earlier production the display manufacturer that was used were all yellow screens.

In all honesty compared to the blue tinge vs the yellow tinge i think the yellow maybe a little better as its "warm" and not super "cool" temperature wise.

I had to go do this ordeal with my ip4 when it first came out and after switching a dozen or so phones even some brand new ones i just settled. At one point i had about 6 ip4s with me and they all had yellow tinge to them some were more than the others.

Recently i had to exchange mine for home button issue and the one i got was exactly the same...

Here is a screen shot of a few ip4s with various build weeks... auto brightness disabled max brightness.
    07-28-2011 09:27 AM
    Isn't this the "the glue that holds the screen and glass together has not cured" problem? If so, it will go away as the glue cures... Much ado about nothing, IMHO.
    07-28-2011 11:42 AM
    Yikes, I don't think it's that big of a deal, I would be more bothered by a burnt our or stuck pixel.
    07-28-2011 12:43 PM
    I couldn't get good clear pics but the post above is exactly how mine looks. I decided to box up the old one and mail it and pretend it never existed!

Honestly, without having a blue screen to compare it to, my beautiful new white iP4 screen looks just fine. If I'd shipped the old one yesterday, BEFORE I got this one, I really don't think I'd have ever known there was any difference.
    07-28-2011 01:49 PM
    I couldn't get good clear pics but the post above is exactly how mine looks. I decided to box up the old one and mail it and pretend it never existed!

Honestly, without having a blue screen to compare it to, my beautiful new white iP4 screen looks just fine. If I'd shipped the old one yesterday, BEFORE I got this one, I really don't think I'd have ever known there was any difference.
    I'm not saying that it isn't an issue... but what I am saying is that in a week or two, after the glue cures completely, it WON'T be an issue... Of course, that is unless this is a completely different issue. But the "yellow screen" issue has been around since the iPhone 4 launched... and some of the iPads are also exhibiting it "out of the box"... but it is self-remedying within a couple of weeks at the most.
    07-28-2011 01:55 PM
    I'm not saying that it isn't an issue... but what I am saying is that in a week or two, after the glue cures completely, it WON'T be an issue... Of course, that is unless this is a completely different issue. But the "yellow screen" issue has been around since the iPhone 4 launched... and some of the iPads are also exhibiting it "out of the box"... but it is self-remedying within a couple of weeks at the most.
    I guess since I never had 2 igadgets at the same time I never paid attention to posts concerning this issue. That said, I prefer the blue tint to the yellow tint, but not enough to take it back. So I'm going on the fact that you are always pretty knowledgeable (am I giving you enough credit?!) and hope it clears up. I'm really not OCD, I was just shocked at the difference.
    07-28-2011 03:31 PM
    I guess since I never had 2 igadgets at the same time I never paid attention to posts concerning this issue. That said, I prefer the blue tint to the yellow tint, but not enough to take it back. So I'm going on the fact that you are always pretty knowledgeable (am I giving you enough credit?!) and hope it clears up. I'm really not OCD, I was just shocked at the difference.
    Thanks. I hope I'm right on this now
    07-28-2011 03:49 PM
    Thanks. I hope I'm right on this now
    Haha! If you're not, I'm gonna point and laugh! J/K!!
    07-28-2011 04:32 PM
    Haha! If you're not, I'm gonna point and laugh! J/K!!
    You would not be the first!
    07-28-2011 04:38 PM
    Isn't this the "the glue that holds the screen and glass together has not cured" problem? If so, it will go away as the glue cures... Much ado about nothing, IMHO.
    no not the glue issue. different manufacturer for the screens.
    07-30-2011 12:15 PM
    no not the glue issue. different manufacturer for the screens.
    I agree with this. Depending on where it's manufactured, it has a different tint to it. Both mine and my wifes white iPhones are 3 months old had have a different shade/tint to the screen. No big deal to us.
    07-30-2011 02:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD