I had wiped just the side of the phone with clorax wipes to get this dirt off and quickly dried it up. would that have caused an issue with my bars or reception?
    05-02-2011 09:00 AM
    it could have, you should always use a dry soft cloth. even though the clorox wipes are not that wet it can still cause problems.
    05-02-2011 09:05 AM
    I wiped it with paper towl and I turned the phone off. It's still possible because of the antenna right?
    05-02-2011 11:11 AM
    It is possible but imho unlikely, unless you wrenched out every bit of bleach all over the phone then yeah, you damaged the guts of the phone. if you are on verizon try *228 option 2 to try and update your prl and see if that doesnt work. Otherwise, off to a verizon or apple store you go.
    05-02-2011 05:02 PM
    bars does not equal to signal strength.

bars are an approxmate visual representation of your signal strength. the decibals is what matters. the lower the number the better.

that being said, my phone constantly shows 2 bars of signal but i have clear call quality and no issues making/receiving calls.
    05-02-2011 05:34 PM
    It is possible but imho unlikely, unless you wrenched out every bit of bleach all over the phone then yeah, you damaged the guts of the phone. if you are on verizon try *228 option 2 to try and update your prl and see if that doesnt work. Otherwise, off to a verizon or apple store you go.
    If i dont have the warrenty on it...does apple still take a look at the phone?
    05-03-2011 06:28 AM
    bars does not equal to signal strength.

bars are an approxmate visual representation of your signal strength. the decibals is what matters. the lower the number the better.

that being said, my phone constantly shows 2 bars of signal but i have clear call quality and no issues making/receiving calls.
    Im hoping this is the case.....I see a slight difference in my data though....
    05-03-2011 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD