I have had my iPhone 4 for a little over a month now and loving it so far. One thing that is bugging me though is Apple or AT&T or both have restricted FaceTime calling to only Wi-Fi and disabled it on 3G. Video calling apps such as Vtok, Tango, Skype, etc... all are operational over 3G. With Google announcing today that GoogleTalk video calling will now be part of the OS and be available to use over Wi-Fi or 3G, does anyone think that Apple/AT&T/Verizon will loosen the reigns a bit on this ridiculous restriction?
    04-28-2011 09:42 PM
    I don't see why they shouldn't other apps have been allowed over 3g now. Though if you are jail broken you can bypass it.
    04-28-2011 10:29 PM
    I hope they eventually will allow FaceTime over 3G
    04-28-2011 10:49 PM
    ...than I will be able to sext and drive...just kidding.
    04-28-2011 10:50 PM
    Jailbreak then you can FaceTime anywhere like me.
    04-28-2011 11:49 PM
    Verizon is more likely to get Facetime/3G, especially since their moving forward with LTE *elbows AT&T*. Their connection is more consistent though its generally slower. AT&T is faster but may drop Facetime calls...

I doubt Apple would give the same iPhone different major features based on the network it's on, simultaneous voice and data is an exception. They may wait until AT&T has more HSPA+ coverage ( or any at all ) or maybe until LTE , who knows...
    04-29-2011 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD