Strange email issue please help

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a ip4 ver 4.2.1 AT&T

I have been having issues with email. I will receive some emails and they will not appear as new emails. The red dot never shows up on the mail app icon.

Sometimes it just goes to my inbox as a read email. I have missed many important emails due this problem.

I have my mail app open on my Mac book all day but when I check it at night the emails are marked as new this is how I realized the issue.

Is there any advantage to the newer version 4.3 ? I heard it was troublesome.

I really hope there is a fix for this. I love the iPhone but I really miss BB email.

Any input would be helpful

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Which kind of email service are you using? Gmail, exchange, etc. Is it setup pop3, imap, exchange? How is your Mac setup vs your phone?

I haven't had any issues with 4.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This is where I get confused

I have a yahoo and a gmail account hooked up to both my phone and mac.

I also have a mobile me account set up on both but I dont use the email I just use it to sync my contacts and favorites.

On my computer

Yahoo : incoming server : plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

Gmail : incoming server : imap.gmail.com

On my phone

Gmail is set to m.google.com ( i think this is exchange ? ) not sure

Yahoo this is where it gets weird. every time I sync my phone with itunes I wind up with 2 yahoo accounts.

I dont know why. I keep deleting one but there must be a setting I am missing so it keeps coming back.

It says outgoing server SMTP but it does not show an incoming server in the phone email settings only outgoing.

OMG i could not be more confused here.

Does this make any sense....

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok your Yahoo account is POP so what you do on your Mac will not effect your iPhone.

Your gmail acct is IMAP which will sync between the two. When you delete an email on your Mac it should delete on your iPhone.

Best setup for your gmail is when you setup on your phone, don't use gmail selection. Select Microsoft exchange. This will sync your mail, contacts, and calendar. For the server use m.google.com. For your username it is you email address. If you use this setup, when you delete on your phone, it deletes it on the gmail server.

This is how I have mine setup And it works flawlessly.

I am not sure about the duplicate yahoo email accts. I will do some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had my itunes set to sync email accounts, this was the problem i think.

I unchecked that option and it no longer duplicates the accounts on the phone.

I also recreated my gmail acct w/ exchange and I will see what happens

I have yahoo plus. is there any way I can create a yahoo account via exchange ?

is there any way to forward emails from yahoo to gmail ? that would be a way to get yahoo email via exchange ....

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm still receiving emails and not getting notifaction.

They arrive in my inbox as a read email. I'm not opening them somewhere else like a browser.

Could it be that the person sending me the email is replying.

I cant figure it out. It only happens a few times a day other emails I have no problems with.

It is happening with my yahoo account which is set up smtp

Please help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox