I know there has to be other NFL fans out here in our Tipb community and for those of us who are also on Verizon, I'm glad to say we now have access to the awesome NFL mobile app for Verizon iPhone only!

This app allows you 24/7 access to NFL network over Wifi & 3G
    You can view Thursday & Saturday night NFL games on your phone even on 3G
    Actual game day audio live
    The best part is you also get access get the NFL RedZone over 3G as well.

For those of you who don't know, the redzone channel switches between different games that are about to score on Sundays. So when a team in in the RedZone they will switch to live coverage so you can see the score live.

For me this trumps anything AT&T can offer with their iPhones but that's obviously a personal preference. It's a free app so download and enjoy!

PS I was going to put this in the App section of the forum but since it's for Verizon iPhones only, I thought it better for this section.
    Last edited by j7469; 04-28-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: forgot to mention game day audio
    eye4ni and cmpdblue like this.
    04-28-2011 06:57 PM
    damn. i hope the at&t version is not too far behind
    04-28-2011 07:10 PM

For me this trumps anything AT&T can offer with their iPhones but that's obviously a personal preference. It's a free app so download and enjoy!

PS I was going to put this in the App section of the forum but since it's for Verizon iPhones only, I thought it better for this section.
    Great.

Now when airplay does finally come to the Verizon iphone, you'll be able to push this through your Apple TV and onto your television screen.
    04-28-2011 07:23 PM
    damn. i hope the at&t version is not too far behind
    It's a Verizon thing. Exclusive deal with the NFL.

AT&T schadenfreude.

Wonder if the app will work on an iPad...

Edit to add: No, it won't work on an iPad... it's a Verizon phone only thing.
    Last edited by kch50428; 04-28-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: add to it
    04-28-2011 07:35 PM
    thanks for rubbing it in ...
    04-28-2011 07:44 PM
    Glad I have a Vulkano so I can just stream Fox or ESPN to my AT&T iPhone and always see the entire game.

Thursday night and Saturday games? The majority of games are Sunday and Monday. Pffffft.
    andrewu750 likes this.
    04-28-2011 07:44 PM
    Great.

Now when airplay does finally come to the Verizon iphone, you'll be able to push this through your Apple TV and onto your television screen.
    True, or I could just watch it on my TV and the Redzone on my phone... just saying

Glad I have a Vulkano so I can just stream Fox or ESPN to my AT&T iPhone and always see the entire game.

Thursday night and Saturday games? The majority of games are Sunday and Monday. Pffffft.
    Sundays during football season are sacred to me so any game I want to watch I see live in front of a TV (not a phone or iPad). The real bonus for me is the Thursday night games that slightly interest me but because I'm at work I can't see. All other games I can listen to game audio.
    04-29-2011 04:36 PM

i just looked at one of these and for $99.00 plus the $12.99 for the app, it seems like a winner.

I plan to order one this weekend.
    04-29-2011 05:00 PM
    Found it today and I was like hell yeah!!!! I went on here to post it and you beat me to it.
    04-30-2011 01:08 AM
    Just downloaded it and can't wait to use it this fall (hopefully). This was one of the apps. I had for my crappy BB and it was so slow and always froze on their. Using it for just a little bit now it looks really nice and the streaming of the games and NFL Network is awesome.
    05-01-2011 08:45 AM
    I was beginning to think it wasn't going to be available for the iPhone. This is a must-have app, even during the off season.
    05-01-2011 03:44 PM
    An awesome app for all the NFL fans with IF4 on VZM. Sundays will never be the same. Great job VZ for this app and all the expense and the leg work. Wow
    05-02-2011 01:02 AM
    Thanks for the heads-up....Been waiting for this to drop for the iPhone
    05-02-2011 01:17 PM
    Great find! Thanks for letting us know. Now we can just hope there is a season.
    05-02-2011 08:24 PM
    About every minute or two, while listening to the Patriots Bills game the audio dropped out.
    It seems like my phone would go into power save mode and I had to touch the screen then slide the bottom to unlock it and then the app would come back up - any one else have this problem today? Is there a simple preference to be changed or something like that...
    09-25-2011 04:43 PM
    I hate to burst your bubble, but this is not a free app. As of October 1, if you watch any games or video, the charge is $10.00 per month. Just a way for Verizon to get more money!
    09-26-2011 05:50 PM
    So those bastards over at Verizon now require you to subscribe to V-Cast in order to watch the NFL network live. I was able to watch the game last week, so evidently they implemented it this week. Geez, nickle and dime....nickle and dime...
    12-01-2011 08:44 PM
    So those bastards over at Verizon now require you to subscribe to V-Cast in order to watch the NFL network live. I was able to watch the game last week, so evidently they implemented it this week. Geez, nickle and dime....nickle and dime...
    I believe last week was a promotion, a V-Cast subscription has been required since week 2 if I remember correctly.
    12-01-2011 09:13 PM
    I believe last week was a promotion, a V-Cast subscription has been required since week 2 if I remember correctly.
    That's weird. I was using a Bionic for a couple of weeks in October and it was working without a subscription.
    12-02-2011 02:01 PM
    That's weird. I was using a Bionic for a couple of weeks in October and it was working without a subscription.
    I may be wrong about when exactly it required a subscription; if was free early in the season to promote it.
    12-02-2011 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD