Verizon Limitations Q

jayjay

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Looking to upgrade to iPhone. With the Razr, Verizon crippled the functionality and forced users to pay in order to (for example) offload photos. Getting around this required installation of additional third-party software.

So my question is: Does Verizon similarly impair the iPhone's functionality with regard to file transfers etc.? I see no mention on the website--but then the Razr's crippling also came as a surprise.

Thanks for any help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So my question is: Does Verizon similarly impair the iPhone's functionality with regard to file transfers etc.? I see no mention on the website--but then the Razr's crippling also came as a surprise.

The VZW iPhone is in no way whatsoever "crippled" - it is fully functional.

jayjay

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good--does that also mean they don't charge you to move files from phone to computer or vice versa? (Again, my experience is with the Razr, and they disabled that function to force you to send photos via wireless and pay by the pic.)

Thanks for the quick reply!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good--does that also mean they don't charge you to move files from phone to computer or vice versa? (Again, my experience is with the Razr, and they disabled that function to force you to send photos via wireless and pay by the pic.)

Thanks for the quick reply!

You "move files" via iTunes sync.

Or, if you jailbreak and 'root' into the file system.

Neither of those cost you anything as far as Verizon is concerned.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Looking to upgrade to iPhone. With the Razr, Verizon crippled the functionality and forced users to pay in order to (for example) offload photos. Getting around this required installation of additional third-party software.

Thanks for any help!

What phone/carrier do you have now? Please dont say you are using the razr still

jeff1974w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple did not allow verizon to stick their fingers in the iPhone 4. That means the phone has not been crippled and DOES NOT HAVE ANY VERIZON BLOATWARE!

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple did not allow verizon to stick their fingers in the iPhone 4. That means the phone has not been crippled and DOES NOT HAVE ANY VERIZON BLOATWARE!

I have been with Verizon for almost ten years and have been very satisfied with them...but I do like how Apple pretty much threw up the middle finger and told Verizon that if you want the phone and the Apple market, don't mess with it.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the iPhone is FREE of bloatware. I was extremely happy to find this! The Droid Incredible 2 comes with over 40 preinstalled apps...yuck!

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
With the Razr, Verizon crippled the functionality and forced users to pay in order to (for example) offload photos. Getting around this required installation of additional third-party software.
The RAZR was a long time ago. Verizon hasn't done this for a very long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2