My iphone 4 has very poor phone call quality. I have had it exchanged twice, so this is my 3rd phone. All have been brand new, out of the box.

Is crystal clear communication a dream on this phone? Other than that it is pretty good. Don't like the auto correct spelling though.
    04-28-2011 12:34 AM
    no problems with mine, 5 months strong. either you're really unlucky or could be your location

autocorrect is something you just get used to. you can turn it off if needed:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Correction > Off
    04-28-2011 12:59 AM
    no problems with mine, 5 months strong. either you're really unlucky or could be your location

autocorrect is something you just get used to. you can turn it off if needed:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Correction > Off
    Thanks! I have full signal strength. Thanks for the Auto Correct tip.
    04-28-2011 01:03 AM
    I know when I talk to certain people it always sounds muffled. I don't know if its their phone or mine. Maybe its my Defender case muffling it. But, I do have a hard time hearing some calls. Not all calls though.
    04-28-2011 12:37 PM
    I know when I talk to certain people it always sounds muffled. I don't know if its their phone or mine. Maybe its my Defender case muffling it. But, I do have a hard time hearing some calls. Not all calls though.
    Thanks. My problem is they can't hear me. I can hear them, but at times, they can't make out a word I am saying. It is all muffled and distorted. This happens when I am calling to a land line.

I have had this problem on 3 iphones.

I have called my voice mail at home to listen to the sound quality and it is definitley very bad at times.
    04-28-2011 01:14 PM
    Thanks. My problem is they can't hear me. I can hear them, but at times, they can't make out a word I am saying. It is all muffled and distorted. This happens when I am calling to a land line.

I have had this problem on 3 iphones.

I have called my voice mail at home to listen to the sound quality and it is definitley very bad at times.
    Sounds like the service and not the hardware. Chances of three brand new phones having the same issue like that is slim to none.
    04-28-2011 04:08 PM
    Sounds like the service and not the hardware. Chances of three brand new phones having the same issue like that is slim to none.
    No, it is definitely the iphone. My old Nokia and Blackberry have crystal clear sound quality.

In fact, when I call my friends with an iphone from my land line, they at times are illegible.

Oh well. The OS is wicked and I have awesome apps. I wish the battery life was not so crappy. Sometimes, my pockets are a little full carrying around a charger.
    04-29-2011 03:15 AM
    Sometimes, my pockets are a little full carrying around a charger.
    you sure you do not have an android?
    04-29-2011 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD