So I broke the front screen on my iPhone 4. I already replaced my back glass so I have no warranty at all.

How much will it cost to replace the front glass this time? Could it possibly be smarter to go to the store and say my phone was lost/stolen and get a new one?
    04-27-2011 01:39 AM
    apples out of warranty work is $199, it will be that rather you bring them your cracked phone, or you go in and say it was stolen. is the back plate you replaced the same as the stock back? if so, just make an appointment at the apples store, go in, and be honest. you never know, i have heard of them switching peoples phone who dropped them and broke them free of charge. honesty is the best policy
    04-27-2011 07:22 AM
    So I broke the front screen on my iPhone 4. I already replaced my back glass so I have no warranty at all.

How much will it cost to replace the front glass this time? Could it possibly be smarter to go to the store and say my phone was lost/stolen and get a new one?
    That's pretty shady. Just man up and pay to either repair your iPhone or buy another.
    04-27-2011 09:15 AM
    I don't think this could be a good idea. If you can afford to have this then you might in the position to change this as well.
    04-28-2011 06:22 AM
    I didn't want to create a new thread since I have the same issue. I've seen some websites offering a simple fix for much cheaper than Apple, and if you do the glass/screen replacement yourself it's less than $50.

My question is, is it actually doable or should I just not spend the money and wait until I have the $200 to take it to Apple? I don't want to mess up the phone at all.
    06-12-2011 12:58 PM
    There are a couple of places around where I live that do the repairs like applefanboi said. I don't think I would want to send my phone to a company I found online but if you find a local place and can talk to anyone about how well they do the repairs that would definatly be an option.

I am a pretty decent DIY'er so personally I would do it on my own but that's just me :P
    06-12-2011 04:17 PM
    I googled changing from black to white and you can buy the glass for front and back for like 100 bucks.
    06-12-2011 08:15 PM
    Hi, I would like to know too!
    06-14-2011 01:59 AM
    I only need the front glass, I just wanted to make sure that it's something that can be done without a whole lot of difficulty.

I'm not going to send my phone to one of these companies, my friend would do the repair for me if we can find the glass and tools. Granted I'm only a week away from being able to go to the Apple store as well.

Thanks guys! It does seem like this is an option.
    06-14-2011 12:57 PM
    I only need the front glass, I just wanted to make sure that it's something that can be done without a whole lot of difficulty.

I'm not going to send my phone to one of these companies, my friend would do the repair for me if we can find the glass and tools. Granted I'm only a week away from being able to go to the Apple store as well.

Thanks guys! It does seem like this is an option.
    check out iFixit: The free repair manual im pretty sure they have a walk thru and sell the parts.
    06-15-2011 06:38 AM
    apples out of warranty work is $199, it will be that rather you bring them your cracked phone, or you go in and say it was stolen. is the back plate you replaced the same as the stock back? if so, just make an appointment at the apples store, go in, and be honest. you never know, i have heard of them switching peoples phone who dropped them and broke them free of charge. honesty is the best policy
    I just read where they lowered the cost to $175 for iP4... $75 for iP3x
    06-15-2011 12:31 PM
    I've seen posts on Craigslist for replacing your front screen. It is pretty expensive, starting at $120. I don't think they would give you a new phone if you say you lost it. The phone is your responsibility as soon as you pay for it and leave the store with it.
    06-15-2011 12:37 PM

I guess it's smarter to lie and cheat the company out of a new phone if you don't have a conscience... SMH
    06-15-2011 12:51 PM
    I broken my phone too...
    06-16-2011 04:37 AM
    Well I finally got the money to take my iPhone to the Apple store, and $200 later I have it back!! I'm so happy now
    06-24-2011 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD