Just installed Untrackered on my jailbroken VZiP. Anyone else going to do this? Am I Being too paranoid?

For those that don't know - our iPhones track and record your movements 24/7 and can be accessed on your phone or on your pc. There's no way to opt out of this.
    04-21-2011 04:31 PM
    You are paranoid! Haha. It's ok though. I think it's a little strange but also think there is no reason to care because I would be shocked if it were to come back at me in the face.
    04-21-2011 04:57 PM
    What is actually being done is a database is gathered over time of locations you connect to the internet from - and what is recorded is the location of the Wifi hotspot, and cell towers. This database is used give Location Based Services a faster means of delivering LBS data to you.

The first thing everyone should do next time they sync their iPhone with iTunes is check-off the option to encrypt your back-up files. That solves the issue of the file being on your computer where someone could get it.

The next thing you can do - if jailbroken - is install the free 'Untrackered' app from Cydia. That will periodically clear the data on your phone.

I've "Untrackered" and was already encrypting back-ups.... for me, this is really no big deal.
    04-21-2011 05:09 PM
    I have done a file search and can't find it (consolidated.db) on my computer. Where is it located. I am running Windows XP.
    04-22-2011 08:24 PM
    It takes quite a bit of work to get it - it's buried within the iTunes back-ups - and if you're encrypting yours, you won't be able to get it.

If you read the original reporting on it, there's a link to a program that will extract the data and display it for you, if not encrypted.
    04-22-2011 08:40 PM
    You would be surprise how easy it is to access when your device is jailbroken.
    04-26-2011 01:18 PM
    I would explain it here but it would be too long
    04-26-2011 01:19 PM
    Am i the only one who doesn't give two wits about this? Lol... Plus, Apple will fix it in an OS update soon I'm sure.
    04-26-2011 07:53 PM
    What is actually being done is a database is gathered over time of locations you connect to the internet from - and what is recorded is the location of the Wifi hotspot, and cell towers. This database is used give Location Based Services a faster means of delivering LBS data to you.

The first thing everyone should do next time they sync their iPhone with iTunes is check-off the option to encrypt your back-up files. That solves the issue of the file being on your computer where someone could get it.

The next thing you can do - if jailbroken - is install the free 'Untrackered' app from Cydia. That will periodically clear the data on your phone.

I've "Untrackered" and was already encrypting back-ups.... for me, this is really no big deal.
    Yes and Yes, install untrackerd (that's how they spell it) and encrypt backups. I think they should still make the cache something along the lines of Android. I believe I read an upcoming OS update would fix this "bug".
    04-28-2011 12:09 AM
    This is the first world application allows you to view the file consolidated.db in your Iphone.

Check yourself if Apple is Tracking you

Even if you encrypt your data backup with itunes,
    anyway TRACEYOU will display all your moving in the past and futur.

TRACEYOU V1.0.3 for Iphone is downloadable in cydia.
    the link source in cydia is http://iphone.spytic.fr

TRACEYOU V 1.0.2 is downloadable in Application store
    TraceYou Professional for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    04-30-2011 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD