Data Usage

chdtpn#IM

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I just upgraded my iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4 two days ago and I just had a question about the data usage since it is a lot different than my 2GB limit on AT&T.

My girlfriend has an EVO so we have been using fring to video chat a lot and I have noticed that I use A LOT more data on Verizon now. I know that some of this is not from the video chat (e.g. Words with Friends, Safari etc.)

So, my question is, does Verizon ever suspend a customer (for however brief it may be) for using too much data on their Smartphone?

Check this out:
3vp8

Well.. I guess I can't post embedded pictures, here is the screenshot link.
Data usage on the iPhone 4 I have had for two days. :) - img.ly

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
i dont think he's used that much data in 2 days.

my iphone showed some obscene amount the first time i tried to use that data usage thingy. after i power cycled the phone it went back to a more realistic number.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
20GB in just two days? Now thats why verizon is planning to drop unlimited data. Damn!! When i had the evo with sprint and unlimited data I think I still used a little less than 2GB and I was always on 3G for pandora and iheartradio.

chdtpn#IM

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I wasn't sure if that was the correct amount or not I just know that I have been using video chat on fring with my GF a lot and I am on the internet all the time at work where we don't have wifi.

I do have an unlimited plan but I didn't know if there was a "limit" to how much that really is and get suspended or something.

chdtpn#IM

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
They my throttle your speeds. But wow...check your data usage on myverizon.

I actually did that while you were posting this lol.

The real data usage on my iPhone. - img.ly

There it is, all is good now! lol

EDIT: Even though I have had the phone two days, that number is a lot more realistic and hopefully updated to this minute. I still think that is a lot for just 2 days though, the 2GB limit would never have lasted.

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just upgraded my iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4 two days ago and I just had a question about the data usage since it is a lot different than my 2GB limit on AT&T.

My girlfriend has an EVO so we have been using fring to video chat a lot and I have noticed that I use A LOT more data on Verizon now. I know that some of this is not from the video chat (e.g. Words with Friends, Safari etc.)

So, my question is, does Verizon ever suspend a customer (for however brief it may be) for using too much data on their Smartphone?

Check this out:
3vp8

Well.. I guess I can't post embedded pictures, here is the screenshot link.
Data usage on the iPhone 4 I have had for two days. :) - img.ly

My phone showed the same amount of usage after my first day as yours does. Just reset the stats and dont worry about it

chdtpn#IM

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone showed the same amount of usage after my first day as yours does. Just reset the stats and dont worry about it

Just did that, thanks for the advice! I was going to just let it run the power cycle as nslasha said above but it had slipped my mind that I could do this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2