Battery Life?

Cosmicrush

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If I am at work I stream Pandora radio for about 6 to 8 hours a day along with facebook, twitter, some web browsing, and a couple of apps that I use for reading on lunch. So from 10am until about 4am when I go to charge the phone for the next day I'll have 60% to 50% battery left. And on the weekends I can easily get 3 days of use out of my phone.

Also their is some phone call usage. Maybe about 1 or 2 hours?

EDIT: I should also state that when I am using my phone I have 3 to 5 bars.

Wow I can't get anywhere near that. My battery dies fast :,(

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I think some of these people really exaggerate their usage. I don't see how it's possible to get 3 days with even moderate usage

Cosmicrush

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guess what?! I went to apple and got replacement. Now I can totally get at least two days before charges. The weird thing is I've done 4 charges so far and for two of them I barely made a day but for the other two I made it to end of day with around 50-60% and it's like good charge then bad charge then good. When I leave overnight on charger I get good next day. Even though it shouldn't have an effect like that. But then I get bad day if I let fully charge and take off charger right when it's 100%. So now I will over night charge.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The batt life on my iPhone4 is horrific. I could easily get a full day out of my BlackBerry but my IP4 is dead by 3pm with moderate usage. I love the features of my IP4, but the battery life is really a big let down.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
The batt life on my iPhone4 is horrific. I could easily get a full day out of my BlackBerry but my IP4 is dead by 3pm with moderate usage. I love the features of my IP4, but the battery life is really a big let down.

Sounds like a defective battery. I have 4 iPhone 4s and 2 have been replaced with refurbs and all make it easily through a day...if not squeaking by a second day.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a defective battery. I have 4 iPhone 4s and 2 have been replaced with refurbs and all make it easily through a day...if not squeaking by a second day.

If I do nothing with it, it will last all day with no problem. If I make some calls, text, use email, etc...down to 30% by 3pm. Guess I'll check in with the Genius Bar the next time I'm near an Apple Store

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been playing NBA Jam for an hour now, a few really short calls, plenty of emails and text messages and maybe 45 minutes of web browsing. It has been off the charger for 13 hours and I'm at 46% remaining. The biggest drain has been NBA Jam.

My wife has had what I would consider minimal usge and hers has been off the charger for 14 hours and she is at 83%.

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I take my phone off the charger in the morning....listen to a podcast for my 30 minute drive to work and then check FB and text message a but throughout the day. Another 30 minute podcast for the drive home. 8 hours later I am usually at 95-98%.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I've had my replacement for about a week now, and the battery is starting to get a little better. I usually see a quick drop in from 100-95 than it settles in for the day.

I have turned off the precentage. I notice, I get the same results on my battery (at least a day of usage). I hate micromanging my battery per percenage. I look at my usage. I can get usually 6 hours of usage (not standby time) out of my phone. I'm happy with that.