Battery Life?

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've got the iPhone 4 from VZW, had it about a week and a half and LOVE IT. Just wondering about the battery life though. It's almost 3 in the afternoon here and after starting at 6am with less than 30 minutes of talking on phone time, I'm down to 15%.

Is this normal?

I have location turned off, bluetooth off and push notification only on whats app messenger....

If this is normal that's fine, just want to make sure I didn't get a bad one, cause I have heard the battery life is pretty good.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
What's the usage time? Or total usage besides talking on the phone? You can find it in settings>general>usage

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
that is a lot of usage, do you ever put your phone down? With a few (3-4) hours usage, and 14-15 hours of standby, my battery level is usually 50% or more when I plug in at night.

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I also am in some fringe areas which probably pulls it down a little more. Was hoping to be able to get through a whole day without having to charge though.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Trust me, your battery life is still ALOT better than any other Android phone out on the market, android battery life is usually worse.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds pretty good. If you want to be sure, though, do a power cycle (run your battery below 15% and then a full, uninterrupted charge) and that might give you a bit more. Also, don't leave apps running in the foreground when you lock it. That should help you squeeze out a bit more from your battery as well :)

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: It's now 9 o'clock, just charged it for about 5 minutes earlier this afternoon and I'm at 16% now. Going to let it drain completely and charge overnight.

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using mine a lot today on and off of 3g and wifi along with downloading a few apps and using facebook and twitter like crazy since 5:30am and its now 8:55pm and im at 41%.
Pretty damn good for a smartphone. Somedays are worse depending on where i am and the phone call usuage.

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to 4.27 last night and I feel my battery has improved. I cycled it down until it shut off and then charged up to 100% after upgrading.

Now I'm at 3:40 local time and have 3 hours 39 minutes of usage and am at 60%... That's pretty good...

OrbitD

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Turning off 3g when you aren't using it helps so much. I played Final Fantasy 1 with 3g off for 3 hours straight and didn't even go down 10%. If I leave 3g my battery is usually around 50% by the end of the night with around 5 hours of usage.

Cosmicrush

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I think I have some battery issues. I've listened to 2 hours of music this morning and it dropped 10% and I am almost certain I will get to 50% by the time I get out of my class which ends at 12:20. I have restored and set up as new iPhone. I stopped using most apps. I don't play games. I only use safari and text usually. I've had strange 3G problems before on this phone where I was only getting 0.1mbps down and 0.7mbps up! Idk why up would be more. Now that fixed but i didn't get help from apple. I've tried pretty much everything. Another thing I notice that I've never had with any iDevices before is now I plug in the phone when it dies and it takes around 10mins to boot back. I used to plug in my other iDevices and it would boot. Maybe this is normal though but maybe the wall power extension I'm using is low powered. Causing battery life to suck. Maybe? Thanks for any helpers :).

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Turning off 3g when you aren't using it helps so much. I played Final Fantasy 1 with 3g off for 3 hours straight and didn't even go down 10%. If I leave 3g my battery is usually around 50% by the end of the night with around 5 hours of usage.

I never understood the purpose of turning off 3G, because isn't that one of the reasons why we have our iphones? To have high upload and download speeds when not connected to wi-fi? I use my phone on 3G and it last me a whole day from 8am to damn near 1am. I got him with 8 percent battery life. You should monitor what apps you are using. Game apps as well as apps that are constantly refreshing data will put a hamper on your battery life. You can also restore your phone and set up as new if you are having serious battery issues.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess I got lucky with the battery on my phone.. While most of the talk/standby times people are saying they get aren't bad for a smartphone, my iPhone lasts forever on a charge cycle...

Currently, my phone has 5 days, 17 minutes standby, with 10 hours 19 minutes usage. Currently 15% battery, but I can probably make it to the end of the day on that.

Cosmicrush

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I got lucky with the battery on my phone.. While most of the talk/standby times people are saying they get aren't bad for a smartphone, my iPhone lasts forever on a charge cycle...

Currently, my phone has 5 days, 17 minutes standby, with 10 hours 19 minutes usage. Currently 15% battery, but I can probably make it to the end of the day on that.

How did you manage that!! Mine can't make 12 hours hardly! And says 4-5 hours and I sometimes have to charge twice. And no I'm not constantly using it. I have busy days. And it's horrible if it dies. I'm thinking I have to take it back.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
About 5-7 hours of 3G usage is what you can expect. If you listen to a lot of preloaded music or are always on wifi you may get more.

rjfnc

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I am at work I stream Pandora radio for about 6 to 8 hours a day along with facebook, twitter, some web browsing, and a couple of apps that I use for reading on lunch. So from 10am until about 4am when I go to charge the phone for the next day I'll have 60% to 50% battery left. And on the weekends I can easily get 3 days of use out of my phone.

Also their is some phone call usage. Maybe about 1 or 2 hours?

EDIT: I should also state that when I am using my phone I have 3 to 5 bars.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner