I have a fine crack on the back of my iphone4. It has not been dropped and I have a pouch when it is in my pouch. Does anyone have this problem.
    04-19-2011 12:43 PM
    Oh I am so sorry. I would be so upset if I had a crack on my baby.
    04-19-2011 12:48 PM
    I would take it to the Apple Genius bar. If there are no signs of physical damage, they may replace the back glass for you at their discretion.
    04-19-2011 02:44 PM
    I would take it in to Apple also. If there is no damage to it, it must me some kind of defect. I have not heard of this before. I wonder what would cause this?
    04-19-2011 03:06 PM
    Any case? I have heard reports of cases like the Incase slider causing fine cracks and even shattering.
    04-19-2011 08:27 PM
    My friend dropped his with a gel case on and shattered the rear glass. Over the phone, Apple told him it would cost $200 to replace. They would ship him a new phone and then he in turn would need to ship his original phone back. However, since he didn't want to wait, he took a chance and walked into the Apple Store and they just swapped it out for him no questions asked. That's pretty darn awesome!
    04-19-2011 09:46 PM
    Just had this problem last week. Small crack on front of phone. I was freaking out thinking i would have to pay 200+ bucks for a repair, but apple ended up replacing it for free (the whole device) because it had no physical damage besides the small crack. They said replacing it one time for free was kind of a unofficial policy that apple has. I didnt think this was true, but it is.
    04-19-2011 10:14 PM
    I swear I dropped my phone (naked) on the ground a week ago and nothing happened. Sucks that yours is cracked without a drop.
    04-20-2011 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD