Is there a reason why when I delete an app, say mobilerss and then try to reinstall it again it appears to have remembered the settings that I had previously for the application. Is there a way to delete reference files or cache because I want nothing remembered on my iphone when I remove an app.

Has anyone else noticed this.

I just recently jailbroke my iphone and noticed this as well. Another example, installed mywi and set a security encryption password. Then I uninstalled mywi and a day later reinstalled it again and it remember my security encryption password that I set previously. Why is it doing this? Shouldnt the app been removed completely before.

Also is there a way to clean up unnecessary files or files that shouldnt be there since something was uninstalled previously.
    Last edited by slumpey326; 04-18-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    04-18-2011 02:13 PM
    When you delete an app, it should ask you if you want to keep files associated with it or delete them.
    04-18-2011 03:56 PM
    When you delete an app, it should ask you if you want to keep files associated with it or delete them.
    Really? I've deleted a few apps and mine has never once asked me that ...
    04-19-2011 05:23 PM
    AppSotre apps do - jailbreak apps may or may not.
    04-19-2011 05:27 PM
    Ive only downloaded apps from the appstore and it has never asked me this on my iphone 3gs. It might in itunes but not on the actual iphone.
    04-19-2011 06:19 PM
    Have you downloaded the app and then synched with your computer? iTunes will remember the info, so if you install it again and sync, iTunes will back up that info. If not, I have no answer for you lol!
    04-19-2011 09:56 PM
    Same problem with Espn scorecenter. I wanted to erase all settings when i deleted it, but every time I reinstall it, it comes back with those settings.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    04-20-2011 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD