Hi, I'm new to the forums and I have an iPod Touch 4g @4.1.
    When I try to upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 I get an error 3194.
    Please don't tell me that there are similar threads, cause I've already tried editing hosts and I still get that error.
    Do you know why this happens? I don't want a restore, just upgrade.
    Thanks.
    04-18-2011 10:35 AM
    It might be because Apple is now signing 4.3.2.
    04-18-2011 10:41 AM
    It might be because Apple is now signing 4.3.2.
    I know, but shouldn't editing the hosts file do the trick?
    04-18-2011 03:48 PM
    Your SHSH blobs are backed up?
    04-18-2011 04:37 PM
    The hosts file only does the trick if like RedChirp said the SHSH blobs for the firmware is saved. Since the OP was on 4.1 and he's upgrading I doubt they have the SHSH blobs saved so you'll either have to stay on your firmware, get a custom ipsw from Pwnage Tool(Mac)/Sn0wbreeze(Windows) or upgrade to 4.3.2.

The hosts file only redirects iTunes when it is asking for authorization from Apple for the load of the firmware. The hosts file redirects to for example Cydia's servers but you need to have your SHSH blobs saved.
    04-18-2011 04:43 PM
    Your SHSH blobs are backed up?
    The hosts file only does the trick if like RedChirp said the SHSH blobs for the firmware is saved. Since the OP was on 4.1 and he's upgrading I doubt they have the SHSH blobs saved so you'll either have to stay on your firmware, get a custom ipsw from Pwnage Tool(Mac)/Sn0wbreeze(Windows) or upgrade to 4.3.2.

The hosts file only redirects iTunes when it is asking for authorization from Apple for the load of the firmware. The hosts file redirects to for example Cydia's servers but you need to have your SHSH blobs saved.
    What do you mean by backing up SHSH blobs? I think I've seen in Cydia something about SHSH for 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1 and 4.3beta, but I can't find it right now..
    Can I use TinyUmbrella or iSHSΗit from Cydia to manually save SHSH blobs? And will this help me upgrade my iTouch?
    04-21-2011 07:10 PM
    Anyone ?
    04-26-2011 06:04 AM
    If you make it through the spam to this reply, download tiny umbrella and use it to see what shsh you have saved, if any. Then follow the instructions in Farbod's jailbreak FAQ sticky to upgrade using TU's TSS server.
    04-26-2011 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD