Is there a way to go back to 4.2.6 after downloading 4.2.7

slumpey326

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You can safely downgrade now because Apple are still signing the firmwares.

Once they stop that, you won't be able to downgrade unless you save your blobs.

I think they just stopped, I used to be able to download and as of today when I needed to once again, its not working anymore.

I downloaded the appropriate 4.2.6 firmware, held down the home and sleep buttons until the itunes + usb picture appeared on my iphone 4 and then clicked on the appropriate 4.2.6 firmware file that I downloaded previously.

I tried to do the restore, and it got hung up one "verifying restore with Apple", then it errored out, saying, "unknown error occurred, 3194"

This just starting happening today, I have had to restore my iphone 4 a few times in the past few days and it has worked perfectly each time. Did apple or itunes do something so this wont work anymore. Is there a fix?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think they just stopped, I used to be able to download and as of today when I needed to once again, its not working anymore.

I downloaded the appropriate 4.2.6 firmware, held down the home and sleep buttons until the itunes + usb picture appeared on my iphone 4 and then clicked on the appropriate 4.2.6 firmware file that I downloaded previously.

I tried to do the restore, and it got hung up one "verifying restore with Apple", then it errored out, saying, "unknown error occurred, 3194"

This just starting happening today, I have had to restore my iphone 4 a few times in the past few days and it has worked perfectly each time. Did apple or itunes do something so this wont work anymore. Is there a fix?

Two things that could be. The first Apple stopped signing it as you said. Second, iTunes has been having issues today and that could of caused the unknown error on verifying.

slumpey326

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
hopefully you are correct, will try again later. I even tried on a mac and pc and still had the problem.

I tried these steps also, posted a little earlier in the thread:

Steps to downgrade from 4.2.7 to 4.2.6.

Step 1: Make sure you have your SHSH blobs saved. A way to check this is to download TinyUmbrella, connect your iPhone to your computer, and then once it recognizes your phone, click Save SHSH blobs. It will then verify if you have them saved in the log description.

Step 2: Download the 4.2.6 ipsw file. There are links all over if you just search Google.

Step 3: Open iTunes and put your phone in DFU mode. Then, hold down the shift key and press restore (hold down alt key for Mac users). Then find where you have your firmware saved and select 4.2.6. iTunes will then ask you to press restore.

Step 4: iTunes will restore 4.2.6 on your phone, and here is where you might get the 1013 error, which makes your phone stuck in recovery mode.

Step 5: Download Greenpoison rc6.1. Put your phone back in DFU mode and then run Greenpoison to jailbreak your phone.

After greenpoison does its thing, your phone should boot back up with 4.2.6 installed and you will be jailbroken.

maqsur1

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Update

As others have mentioned, I no longer can install 4.2.6 on my phone either. So basically, back to 4.2.7. Oh well, no biggie.

Bitterjay

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my iphone today, came in 4.2.6 stock -- upgraded it to 4.2.7 without saving SHSH (didn't know I needed it!), tried to jailbreak it, realized I couldn't because Apple isn't signing 4.2.6 anymore.

Oh well, the jailbreak will be out shortly

slumpey326

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by mianahmad
TinyUmbrella updated to 4.32.01 which supports ios 4.3.2 (GSM) and 4.2.7 (CDMA)

How do I get tinyumbrella to work exactly to jailbreak my phone using 4.2.7. Is there any instructions for 4.2.7 anywhere.

sharondab88

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It works!!

hopefully you are correct, will try again later. I even tried on a mac and pc and still had the problem.

I tried these steps also, posted a little earlier in the thread:

Steps to downgrade from 4.2.7 to 4.2.6.

Step 1: Make sure you have your SHSH blobs saved. A way to check this is to download TinyUmbrella, connect your iPhone to your computer, and then once it recognizes your phone, click Save SHSH blobs. It will then verify if you have them saved in the log description.

Step 2: Download the 4.2.6 ipsw file. There are links all over if you just search Google.

Step 3: Open iTunes and put your phone in DFU mode. Then, hold down the shift key and press restore (hold down alt key for Mac users). Then find where you have your firmware saved and select 4.2.6. iTunes will then ask you to press restore.

Step 4: iTunes will restore 4.2.6 on your phone, and here is where you might get the 1013 error, which makes your phone stuck in recovery mode.

Step 5: Download Greenpoison rc6.1. Put your phone back in DFU mode and then run Greenpoison to jailbreak your phone.

After greenpoison does its thing, your phone should boot back up with 4.2.6 installed and you will be jailbroken.

JUST FOLLOWED THESE STEPS AND DOWNGRADED BACK TO 4.2.6 FROM 4.2.7!! JUST FOLLOW THEM CORRECTLY TOOK ABOUT 10MINS!! sorry about all caps Im just happy im back to being jailbroken :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73