I made several custom ringtones and transferred others from my Blackberry when I got my iPhone. I have apparently deleted the original files from my computer, as iTunes is showing ! next to all my ringtones saying the files can't be found. Is there any way to retrieve the ringtones from my iPhone and get them back into iTunes? When my son's contract is up in June, he'll get my black iPhone, and I'll use his upgrade to get a white one. I don't want to lose my ringtones. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Lisa
    04-16-2011 01:57 PM
    If you have the ringtones on your phone then just sync the phone with iTunes.
    04-16-2011 05:05 PM
    They won't sync. iTunes says "Some of the items in the iTunes library were not copied to the iPhone because they could not be found." I need to get the ringtones off the phone back to iTunes. iTunes can't find them on the computer and won't pull them off the phone.
    04-16-2011 06:23 PM
    When you connect to iTunes you'll see the tabs at the top that say "Music", "Photos", "Ringtones", etc. Do you have the ringtones and music set to properly sync everything?
    04-16-2011 06:40 PM
    Yes. Everything is set properly. Am I just SOL in getting these off my phone? I can recreate most of them, but would rather avoid it if possible.
    04-16-2011 09:55 PM
    Yes. Everything is set properly. Am I just SOL in getting these off my phone? I can recreate most of them, but would rather avoid it if possible.
    Do the ringtones actually play on your phone?? If they do then it's just really weird that they won't sync.
    04-16-2011 11:22 PM
    Yes, they play. That was the first thing I checked when iTunes told me it couldn't find the files. I was sure they'd probably been deleted from my phone, but they still work. The only reason this bugs me is because at the end of June this phone is going to my son and I'll get the new white one. These weren't ringtones I purchased on my phone..they are ringtones I created and synced to my phone from iTunes. I apparently deleted the files from my computer by accident, and now iTunes won't sync them.
    04-17-2011 08:58 AM
    Have you searched your hard drive to see if they're simply not in iTunes but still on the computer? (iTunes is funny that way.)
    04-17-2011 09:34 AM
    Alli, I know exactly what happened. I transferred the ringtones from my Blackberry and put them in a folder on my desktop, created the iTunes ringtones, but then neglected to consolidate my library. At some point later during a bit of desktop cleaning, I deleted the folder. It was only a handful of ringtones, but they are the custom ones I use for friends, family, etc. I'll just have to recreate them again. Thanks for all the help!
    04-17-2011 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD