iPhone 4, iPad, slow WiFi

hahler2

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm having some problems with my iOS devices. I have an iPhone 4, and an iPad 3G. Both have been updated to the latest versions of the software. Both are getting significantly slower WiFi speeds than my iMac.

I am running an Airport Extreme router. My iMac is consistently showing 22ms ping, 4.00 Mbps download, and .50 Mbps upload. However, both my iPhone and iPad are consistently giving me 222ms ping with 2.00 to 2.50 Mbps download and .50 upload.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? I've done some searching on the internet and found several ideas such as cranking up the screen brightness and resetting the network connections. Nothing has made a difference. Thanks for the help!

hahler2

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
When I was running the tests last night I was about 5 feet from the router. Normally I am never greater than 30 to 35 feet away. I'm just wondering since my iMac works so well and my iOS devices don't if it's a setting in the router or something goofy like that.

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Simple iOS Troubleshooting: Learn how to fix the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch's most common technical issues and some tips to get the most out of your device" is a guide to the most common mishaps with iOS devices. Fix your iOS device yourself with this easy to follow step by step guide!

ONLY $4.25 Order Now!
Amazon.com: Simple iOS Troubleshooting: Learn how to fix the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch's most common technical issues and some tips to get the most out of your device. eBook: JL M: Kindle Store

or visit

Home - Simple iOS Troubleshooting

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox