Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

My wife and I each have our own iPhone and one computer.

How can I sync only her apps on her phone and only my apps on my phone? We each have separate store accounts and before I connect each phone, I make sure I sign into the appropriate account.... even so, iTunes still wants to put all of her apps on my phone and vice versa.

Thanks!
    04-14-2011 10:47 PM
    Your going to need to set up two profiles on your pc.
    RealDeal71 likes this.
    04-14-2011 10:52 PM
    You mean two profiles/users on windows, right?
    04-14-2011 10:53 PM
    The simplest way is to have two profiles on your comp.
    RealDeal71 likes this.
    04-14-2011 10:53 PM
    Well that stinks!

Thanks for the quick replies though!
    04-14-2011 10:55 PM
    Yes correct.
    04-14-2011 11:06 PM
    My wife and I use separate log in profiles so we can manage our own separate iTunes as the others stated above
    04-14-2011 11:13 PM
    ^ Yup. My husband and I both have iPhones and we have seperate profiles for our iTunes.
    04-14-2011 11:27 PM
    Kind of surprised there isnt a easy way to do this
    04-14-2011 11:56 PM
    My wife and I share a PC and each have our own iPhone. We are on the same apple ID and same log in on the PC. It is just like setting up any other iPod for us. When she has her iPhone plugged in it syncs whatever she has selected to sync and the same with me. You have to go into each section and select what you want to sync. (i.e. music, movies, books, podcasts, apps, etc...). I hope this is clear. It isn't difficult and I hope I don't make it sound confusing. You don't need to set up all these separate accounts or log in's if all you are doing is choosing what to sync to each phone. Please ask me if you need more help.
    04-15-2011 09:07 AM
    Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

My wife and I each have our own iPhone and one computer.

How can I sync only her apps on her phone and only my apps on my phone? We each have separate store accounts and before I connect each phone, I make sure I sign into the appropriate account.... even so, iTunes still wants to put all of her apps on my phone and vice versa.

Thanks!
    I have an iphone, ipad and ipod touch and what I do is connect each device and go to the "apps" tab and uncheck the apps I don't want to sync for each device.
    04-15-2011 10:06 AM
    I have an iphone, ipad and ipod touch and what I do is connect each device and go to the "apps" tab and uncheck the apps I don't want to sync for each device.
    Yes. If I was not clear in my previous post this is exactly what I was trying to say. iTunes recognizes each device individually.
    04-15-2011 10:59 AM
    So what keeps you from hooking up ten iPhones and sharing paid games and movies?
    04-15-2011 11:28 AM
    So what keeps you from hooking up ten iPhones and sharing paid games and movies?
    Nothing, so far as I know. I don't know if there is any limit on how many devices can be synced to one computer, but I have an iphone, ipod, ipod touch, two 5g ipods, and ipod classic, and a 2g nano all synced to one computer and it works just fine. I have several paid movies on each of the devices that will show video (all of them, I think, but the nano).
    04-15-2011 12:11 PM
    you can if you choose. But its not as easy to personalize your own itunes. My wife and I prefer our own. Yeah there are a few apps we double pay for but not a big deal
    04-15-2011 02:45 PM
    Same here. We both have our own lap tops and do our own thing with our phones and iPads.
    04-15-2011 03:05 PM
    So can I plug in a new ipod touch and restore from backup and all my ipad apps, movies anything I had in the backup will be there. After the restore I can then select items the tabs and turn each item to sync each time correct?
    04-16-2011 05:26 PM
    Try launching iTunes while holding down shift on your Windows PC --> you can make separate libraries under the same account.
    04-16-2011 05:47 PM
    Try launching iTunes while holding down shift on your Windows PC --> you can make separate libraries under the same account.
    I have a mac
    04-16-2011 06:41 PM
    So, it wont screw up address books (just your basic i-phone contacts, not g-mail, outlook or anything like that)?
    04-28-2011 02:34 PM
    So, it wont screw up address books (just your basic i-phone contacts, not g-mail, outlook or anything like that)?
    this is exactly why i would use two different user accounts. it gets too discombobulated just using one user account
    04-28-2011 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD