One Computer Two iPhones

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

My wife and I each have our own iPhone and one computer.

How can I sync only her apps on her phone and only my apps on my phone? We each have separate store accounts and before I connect each phone, I make sure I sign into the appropriate account.... even so, iTunes still wants to put all of her apps on my phone and vice versa.

Thanks!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I use separate log in profiles so we can manage our own separate iTunes as the others stated above

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I share a PC and each have our own iPhone. We are on the same apple ID and same log in on the PC. It is just like setting up any other iPod for us. When she has her iPhone plugged in it syncs whatever she has selected to sync and the same with me. You have to go into each section and select what you want to sync. (i.e. music, movies, books, podcasts, apps, etc...). I hope this is clear. It isn't difficult and I hope I don't make it sound confusing. You don't need to set up all these separate accounts or log in's if all you are doing is choosing what to sync to each phone. Please ask me if you need more help.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

My wife and I each have our own iPhone and one computer.

How can I sync only her apps on her phone and only my apps on my phone? We each have separate store accounts and before I connect each phone, I make sure I sign into the appropriate account.... even so, iTunes still wants to put all of her apps on my phone and vice versa.

Thanks!

I have an iphone, ipad and ipod touch and what I do is connect each device and go to the "apps" tab and uncheck the apps I don't want to sync for each device.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an iphone, ipad and ipod touch and what I do is connect each device and go to the "apps" tab and uncheck the apps I don't want to sync for each device.

Yes. If I was not clear in my previous post this is exactly what I was trying to say. iTunes recognizes each device individually.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So what keeps you from hooking up ten iPhones and sharing paid games and movies?

Nothing, so far as I know. I don't know if there is any limit on how many devices can be synced to one computer, but I have an iphone, ipod, ipod touch, two 5g ipods, and ipod classic, and a 2g nano all synced to one computer and it works just fine. I have several paid movies on each of the devices that will show video (all of them, I think, but the nano).

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So what keeps you from hooking up ten iPhones and sharing paid games and movies?

you can if you choose. But its not as easy to personalize your own itunes. My wife and I prefer our own. Yeah there are a few apps we double pay for but not a big deal

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
Ok if I follow correctly

:confused: So can I plug in a new ipod touch and restore from backup and all my ipad apps, movies anything I had in the backup will be there. After the restore I can then select items the tabs and turn each item to sync each time correct?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal