Apple releases ios 4.3.2

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Let us know, battery life on 4.3.1 is a joke, I've never had problems with battery life before, mine has been cut in half by 4.3.1, not happy at all.

weird. regarding battery performance/life; 4.3.1, for me, has been just as good as 4.2.1 if not better. i read in a other thread somewhere else that you have restored as new but i also know you jailbreak

maybe try restoring as new again but wait on jailbreaking and start a process of elimination, just a thought..

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Let us know, battery life on 4.3.1 is a joke, I've never had problems with battery life before, mine has been cut in half by 4.3.1, not happy at all.

I have noticed some improvement in the battery life over the past 48 hrs. since i upgraded to 4.3.2 . Nothing like the huge improvement when I downloaded 4.3.1 . After 6 hrs of surfing the net, downloading 4 pics and over 30 texts... I was at 86% !!! Hard to beat. I am very pleased.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with the upgrade except for one thing.... I have noticed that my radar maps on several of my weather apps don't work. Very strange since this started after I downloaded 4.3.2 .

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
weird. regarding battery performance/life; 4.3.1, for me, has been just as good as 4.2.1 if not better. i read in a other thread somewhere else that you have restored as new but i also know you jailbreak

maybe try restoring as new again but wait on jailbreaking and start a process of elimination, just a thought..

Well I can confirm that 4.3.2 sucks as bad as 4.3.1, I restored as new, disabled Ping again, so I don't know what else to do except to go back to 4.2.1. I'm getting really tired of this, we have to wait an entire year to get any sort of meaningful iOS updates, and now we likely won't see iOS 5 until September, and the .xx updates just introduce more bugs and destroy battery life. My contract is up in June, don't know I'm gonna wait for September for a iPhone 4 with a "refresh". Apple needs to step their game up.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well I can confirm that 4.3.2 sucks as bad as 4.3.1, I restored as new, disabled Ping again, so I don't know what else to do except to go back to 4.2.1. I'm getting really tired of this, we have to wait an entire year to get any sort of meaningful iOS updates, and now we likely won't see iOS 5 until September, and the .xx updates just introduce more bugs and destroy battery life. My contract is up in June, don't know I'm gonna wait for September for a iPhone 4 with a "refresh". Apple needs to step their game up.

Apple needs to step up their game? They have the most reliable OS and battery life. Go try a Android and report back what battery life is like. I have one. The batteries are dead in no time. Also, you get more software updates with iOS than you do with any other platform so you saying we have to wait a year for a meaningful OS updates it complete BS.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i take my phone off the charger around 6:30am. by the time i get home around 5:30pm, on an average, i will have about 2-2.5 hrs of usage with about 50% of battery remaining

i get a lot of texts, notifications and emails throughout the day and always use vibrate mode

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was a good test for my iP4 battery after upgrading to 4.3.2 . Heavy texting, downloaded 12 photos and was constantly checking the weather. (tornados in the area) Started the day at 100% when I got up at 6:30am and the battery was at 49% when I went to bed at 11:45pm. I am very happy with the battery performance. The battery is so much better after upgrading to 4.3.1 and even a little better after going with4.3.2. Don't understand why so many of you are having such poor battery performance. Would jailbreaking have any affect on the battery? Mine isn't, so I was just wondering.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
when you jailbreak it gives you the ability to run apps/processes on the device that "normal" users would never experience, thus using more battery. also, some jailbroken apps/tweaks are not written very well and could run in the background without you really knowing it and kill your battery at a rapid rate. this is when the frustration sets in with new people to the jailbreak scene.. they are quick to say that the jailbreak itself causes battery drain when in actuality it is some app or tweak that causes it and by simply removing it will correct the issue. this can be hard to find if you are downloading multiple jailbroken apps/tweaks so then it becomes a process of elimination and very time consuming to troubleshoot and in turn make any newcomers say that "jailbreaking sucks" or "kills your battery"

it takes a lot of trial & error to get it right..

i did upgrade to 4.3.2 this morning, again, and jailbroke with redsn0w.. so far the battery seems decent