i have some videos i want to load from my phone to the computer and everytime i try to email them or send them as a mms it says the file is to big. how do i load them or email them to my computer?
    04-13-2011 08:48 PM
    When I plug in my iPhone Windows gives me the option to import photos or photos and video (even delete them) that's how I get my videos on my netbook.
    04-13-2011 09:40 PM
    well i have a mac.
    04-13-2011 09:42 PM
    Click HERE and see pages 53 and 117.
    Alli likes this.
    04-13-2011 10:36 PM
    My recommendation is to get a free Dropbox account. You get 2GB storage for free, and if you use the link below, you will get an additional 250 mb for free. I use it all the time for transferring photos, videos, and viewing other files like PDF's etc. It really is a great service. If you want to transfer a photo or video, you just open the dropbox app and select the items you want to upload. Then, from your PC (with dropbox sync app installed) the file(s) are automatically added to a "dropbox" folder on your computer. You can have this dropbox account linked to all of your pc's and it makes synchronizing files across your iphone and pc's really easy.

This is my referral link: http://db.tt/RxOJADq

Use it and we will both get additional free space!
    04-14-2011 09:17 AM
    On mac I think you use iPhoto to get that stuff off. On Windows you can just navigate to the phone in explorer and drag/drop the files off the iPhone. Can you not do that on a Mac? Dropbox is probably overkill for this task.
    04-14-2011 12:09 PM
    My recommendation is to get a free Dropbox account. You get 2GB storage for free, and if you use the link below, you will get an additional 250 mb for free. I use it all the time for transferring photos, videos, and viewing other files like PDF's etc. It really is a great service. If you want to transfer a photo or video, you just open the dropbox app and select the items you want to upload. Then, from your PC (with dropbox sync app installed) the file(s) are automatically added to a "dropbox" folder on your computer. You can have this dropbox account linked to all of your pc's and it makes synchronizing files across your iphone and pc's really easy.

This is my referral link: http://db.tt/RxOJADq

Use it and we will both get additional free space!
    There is also a cool app called Picbox that is Free. You open it and it will transfer everything in your Camera Roll to a folder on your Dropbox...

On mac I think you use iPhoto to get that stuff off. On Windows you can just navigate to the phone in explorer and drag/drop the files off the iPhone. Can you not do that on a Mac? Dropbox is probably overkill for this task.
    iPhoto works like a charm. You may occasionally get an error that you can't transfer, and if so, just power down your iPhone and reboot it. I also find it faster if you do photos separately from Video (if you are doing a large amount).
    04-14-2011 02:38 PM
    No, not directly on the Mac. Though to do the equivalent (seeing thumbnails, etc) you can opt to use Image Capture on your Mac as opposed to iPhoto.
    04-14-2011 02:41 PM
    so when i plug my phone into my mac how do i put the video on my mac? i cannot figure it out
    04-15-2011 03:01 PM
    so when i plug my phone into my mac how do i put the video on my mac? i cannot figure it out
    iPhoto. Just as you would a picture. Then, it will be in your media browser for other iLife apps.
    04-15-2011 03:45 PM
    so the video will load from my iphone to my iphoto on my mac?
    04-16-2011 12:28 PM
    so the video will load from my iphone to my iphoto on my mac?
    Yep. iPhoto will load anything that's in your Camera Roll section in your iPhone's Photos. That includes any pictures AND videos you've taken
    04-16-2011 03:26 PM
    i have plugged my phone into my mac and i have loaded all my pictures from iphoto and i cannot find the two videos i have on my phone that i want to add to iphoto? any things i have to check ect...
    04-17-2011 10:00 PM
    do i plug my phone into itunes then open iphoto while my phone is plugged it then transfer or what?
    04-17-2011 10:02 PM
    do i plug my phone into itunes then open iphoto while my phone is plugged it then transfer or what?
    What I do is:

1) plug in iPhone.
    2) iPhoto opens automatically.
    3) iPhoto loads the images on my phone (this includes videos)
    4) I usually press Import All because I'm lazy and I don't organize anything
    5) wham blam, everything is on my computer. Videos are included in the pictures as well.

Are you sure the vids aren't there? They would be mixed in with the images. What version of iPhoto do you use? Did you take the video with the native video app, or another? Is the video showing up in your camera roll on your phone?
    04-18-2011 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD