Strange Issue!

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I was working out this morning listening to a radio station streaming on my iPhone 4 then I heard a song from the IPod and the streaming was gone. I checked the app and it was still streaming and the IPod app wasn't even active in the multi-task area. I had to open it and then stop the music. I thought it was just a fluke then it did it again and the voice command was open. I rebooted but kept working out and when it started the IPod started again even when I didn't have anything going on. It seemed to do this every time I put it in my pocket. When I got home I restored it just in case. It did it again. so I made sure all the apps were closed and it hasn't happened again. By the way, it only did this with the headphones in no other time. I can't recreate it now so I think it is done with this freaky issue. Has anyone had this happen?

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Once before, on another forum. Except it happened to this person without headphones. I never saw the outcome, I think it was an app of theirs that was causing the problem.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1607806

Near the end someone says:
Do you have your headphones plugged in when it does it? Sometimes when I exercise some sweat manages to get into the controller and shorts it. All you can really do is put up with it or buy a new set (if that's what's doing it).

Since you already tried the restore, I think its the headphones. Which headphones are you using?

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am using the original headphones. I have used them since I got the phone 2 weeks ago. I was thinking it might be an app but I only installed the LED Light last night and now this happened this morning. After the restore the LED Light wasn't in my backup for some reason but it did it again before I reinstalled it. I just can't recreate it now. I guess that isn't a bad thing but I don't want it to do it again, it was very annoying.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am using the original headphones. I have used them since I got the phone 2 weeks ago. I was thinking it might be an app but I only installed the LED Light last night and now this happened this morning. After the restore the LED Light wasn't in my backup for some reason but it did it again before I reinstalled it. I just can't recreate it now. I guess that isn't a bad thing but I don't want it to do it again, it was very annoying.

Yeah, that is a good thing I guess. If it does comes back, I'd probably try using a different set of headphones for awhile, and see if the problem goes away.

Reactions: anon(631408)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've had this happen plenty of times while working out. Any little hint of my sweat touching
the button and any little hint of it even getting inside, even if a little bit makes the phone
do exactly what you said. This would happen on my 3GS and now i4. I solved this problem
by just using an Otterbox Defender on my phone while working out. EVERYTHING is covered.
Especially the home button. Well protected. My problem went away instantly.

It was frustrating though. When it would go into voice control all the time it
would really piss me off.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen plenty of times while working out. Any little hint of my sweat touching
the button and any little hint of it even getting inside, even if a little bit makes the phone
do exactly what you said. This would happen on my 3GS and now i4. I solved this problem
by just using an Otterbox Defender on my phone while working out. EVERYTHING is covered.
Especially the home button. Well protected. My problem went away instantly.

It was frustrating though. When it would go into voice control all the time it
would really piss me off.

Ah, well there you go OP. That's probably the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner