IMEI Unlock...

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
this seem like the talked of yesterday. saw a bunch of forum topics on other sites. so i thought i'd start one here.

i'm on the Verizon iPhone 4 but it just doesn't have that feeling i had when I used to be on the T-Mobile iPhone 3G. i had to wait for unlocks to be made, i had to keep my phone on a certain baseband, and i had to keep it from updating whenever the next firmware release comes out. now with Verizon iPhone 4, i don't have to worry about that. the downside to that is that i can only used my phone on one carrier and only in the U.S. since it's CDMA. who knows, i might invest on a GSM iPhone in the future just to have that ability to used the popular GSM format around the world once again.

anyone on here tried these IMEI Unlocks that's been going around?

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
CDMA phones don't unlock like GSM. they don't unlock at all. Sprint doesn't allow a non Sprint device to be activated on their network.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
this seem like the talked of yesterday. saw a bunch of forum topics on other sites. so i thought i'd start one here.

i'm on the Verizon iPhone 4 but it just doesn't have that feeling i had when I used to be on the T-Mobile iPhone 3G. i had to wait for unlocks to be made, i had to keep my phone on a certain baseband, and i had to keep it from updating whenever the next firmware release comes out. now with Verizon iPhone 4, i don't have to worry about that. the downside to that is that i can only used my phone on one carrier and only in the U.S. since it's CDMA. who knows, i might invest on a GSM iPhone in the future just to have that ability to used the popular GSM format around the world once again.

anyone on here tried these IMEI Unlocks that's been going around?

What would an IMEI unlock achieve? You have a CDMA phone, it will never work on a GSM carrier.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't asking if CDMA was unlockable through IMEI! I wanted to know if anyone in the forum tried the IMEI unlock on a GSM iPhone 4.

Last edited:

Chaos5

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't this have the same thing to do with as if you like "lost" a phone though carrier insurance and kept it and then tried to use it. I think GSM you can, CDMA you can't. They work off different seial numbers such as GSM has the SIM # and IMEI. Where as CDMA has ESN with Hex Dec.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't this have the same thing to do with as if you like "lost" a phone though carrier insurance and kept it and then tried to use it. I think GSM you can, CDMA you can't. They work off different seial numbers such as GSM has the SIM # and IMEI. Where as CDMA has ESN with Hex Dec.

You can easily activate the GSM one by putting your sim card in it. For the
most part, GSM carriers here in the U.S. don't blacklist IMEI's like CDMA carriers
blacklist ESN's.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR