Hi Guys

I am new here, I was never a huge fan of Apple till I got MacBook Pro then got the iMac and now ordered the iPad2, so to complete the circle I would like to get the iPhone, but should I hold out for the 5 or get the 4? The rumors are that the 5 will have bigger screen and dual cpu. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Joe
    04-12-2011 04:07 PM
    I would say wait until WWDC June 6-10th of this year, Steve Jobs will announce when the iphone 5 will be released as well as features. That way you arent relying on rumors of specs, features, delayed release dates. But if its true that no iphone5 til 2012 I would go ahead and buy the iphone 4
    04-12-2011 04:09 PM
    My current problem is this I am at Sprint and I have the Pre and wife has the Pixi they are both on verge of death, and wife driving me crazy and I know soon as the ipad2 comes i wont here the end of it. I can always sell the 4 and buy the 5. Everyday she complains.
    04-12-2011 04:28 PM
    My current problem is this I am at Sprint and I have the Pre and wife has the Pixi they are both on verge of death, and wife driving me crazy and I know soon as the ipad2 comes i wont here the end of it. I can always sell the 4 and buy the 5. Everyday she complains.
    If you can't wait, then just get the 4, then sell and get the 5. You'll be happy you did.
    04-12-2011 04:32 PM
    i think you just answered your own question (sell the 4 buy the 5) the iPhone 4 will do circles around your pre. it is definitely not the wrong decision, that's for sure

and.. whenever someone leaves Sprint it's always a good thing
    04-12-2011 04:35 PM
    and.. whenever someone leaves Sprint it's always a good thing
    lol why is that a good thing?
    04-12-2011 04:38 PM
    yea it is, I just left sprint a week ago! had the blackberry tour 9630, so happy i left and went to AT&T even though I bought the iphone 3gs, going to buy the iphone 5 when it comes out
    04-12-2011 04:39 PM
    I am just tired of Sprint BS, they have the solid unlimited plan but thats it, whats a plan without a solid phone.
    04-12-2011 04:40 PM
    Guys maybe you can answer this question for me :

I am a heavy user of GTalk, what kind of app can I use also do I have to sign in every time I use it or is always signed in, also my primary email is Google, does it work the same as in Android?
    04-12-2011 04:48 PM
    Guys maybe you can answer this question for me :

I am a heavy user of GTalk, what kind of app can I use also do I have to sign in every time I use it or is always signed in, also my primary email is Google, does it work the same as in Android?
    There are many IM apps out there. Personally I like BeeJive. There's a free version of Beejive for GTalk only.

BeejiveIM with Push for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

And most IM apps you can set how long you want the app to stay signed in.

Could you clarify on the e-mail question? I don't quite get what you're asking.
    04-12-2011 04:55 PM
    You could use GTalk through Safari or 1 of the many IM apps in the APP store. I use GTalk too, and I use it through BeeJive. As far as Gmail, no it doesnt work like it does on Andorid. Its great on the iPhone when you use it with Exchange. With the Android you sign into your account and all your contacts, and calendars are there. You can sync everything thru itunes, or Google if you want. Google has an app on the iPhone that you can sign into and all your calendars, email, and address book are there but its using the internet. Its not like an actual app thats doing it like how Andorid is. But Gmail on the iPhone is beautiful and I love it. The emails are very easy to read, its easy to navigate around, and with exchange your emails are instantly pushed. I think you will love the iPhone and Im sure its better than what you are currently using.
    04-12-2011 04:57 PM
    my favorite IM app is IM+ and I also have google as my primary email and use that in the native email app
    04-12-2011 05:48 PM
    Thank you guys for all your help.
    04-12-2011 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD