Does the Verizon iPhone have a different display than the AT&T iPhone? Comparing mine to my friends, it seems that the Verizon iPhone has a much less bright, yellow-ish appearing screen. They have had their phones for over a year now, maybe Apples switched displays?
    04-11-2011 04:00 PM
    Its probably manufactured in different places. This is very common having different shades to the screen. My wifes has a slight blue tint to it while mine has a slight yellow tint. Both are Att iPhone 4's. Really can only tell unless they are side by side.

Also, if they had their iPhones over a year then they dont have the iPhone 4 so your not comparing apples to apples
    04-11-2011 04:15 PM
    Google "iphone 4 yellow screen". There are lots of threads on many forums about it.
    04-11-2011 04:16 PM
    Are you sure you don't have the brightness settings set to the same level??
    04-11-2011 04:59 PM
    The brightness settings were the same, I made sure they were. I meant about a year, so they got them when the iPhone 4 first released for AT&T. It's not big deal, I think the less blue actually looks better, just more curiosity than anything.
    04-12-2011 06:46 AM
    You have to remember that over the glass which by the way is the same used on helicopter and aircraft windshields and hardened much more the plastic there is a thin layer on top of the glass for the actual touch display that picks up electrical signals to open apps and other things. Anytime you have something on top of glass like that you are bound to get varients in color but they are both Retina displays that have not been changed.

Also the same effect as if you place a screen protector on it and sometimes get a rainbow effect.
    04-12-2011 07:14 PM
    Google "iphone 4 yellow screen". There are lots of threads on many forums about it.
    This. It's not something related to the phone being Verizon or AT&T.
    04-13-2011 03:52 AM
    My wife has an AT&T iPhone and I have a VZW and they both look the same.
    04-14-2011 11:55 AM
    You have to remember that over the glass which by the way is the same used on helicopter and aircraft windshields and hardened much more the plastic there is a thin layer on top of the glass for the actual touch display that picks up electrical signals to open apps and other things. Anytime you have something on top of glass like that you are bound to get varients in color but they are both Retina displays that have not been changed.

Also the same effect as if you place a screen protector on it and sometimes get a rainbow effect.
    The iPhone has hardened glass but not laminated glass like on windshields. The digitizer which picks up the electrical field of your finger is attached to the underside and then there is the LCD screen below that assembly.
    04-14-2011 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD