So I just was checking off 42 important text messages on my pregnant wifes' iPhone and accidentally hit delete vs. moving the messages. Is there anyway to retrieve the messages? Is there an app that would save the texts?

Thanks!
    04-09-2011 07:47 PM
    If she's been syncing, you could restore to the last backup.
    04-09-2011 09:42 PM
    So you can sync text messages with iTunes? how?
    04-09-2011 09:44 PM
    So you can sync text messages with iTunes? how?
    It's not that you can sync it with iTunes, it's that whenever you do a sync, iTunes creates a backup. And in that backup file are the backed up text messages.

Of course, you can't check what's in the backup file unless you restore it to the device, or I believe there are some third party programs out there (you probably need to pay) that allow you to see the contents of an iTunes backup.
    04-09-2011 09:58 PM
    Oh ok. And I actually I just did some research and I found a program well website that will allow you to upload the file that has all the sms/mms and will decode it into HTML, PDF, or an Excel Spreadsheet. Haven't tried it but here's the website

Free iPhone SMS Backup - Export and Archive SMS from Apple iPhone
    04-09-2011 10:01 PM
    Oh ok. And I actually I just did some research and I found a program well website that will allow you to upload the file that has all the sms/mms and will decode it into HTML, PDF, or an Excel Spreadsheet. Haven't tried it but here's the website

Free iPhone SMS Backup - Export and Archive SMS from Apple iPhone
    Hmm, a bit of work, but looks promising. I might check it out later.
    04-09-2011 10:03 PM
    Try decipher text message. It's a cool little program that lets you save (or recover deleted) iphone text messages to your computer. i think if you backed up your iphone you'll be able to recover them.

deciphertools.com
    05-04-2011 12:34 PM
    Phone backup done before? If not, only to download the recover deleted text messages software.
    07-15-2013 02:29 AM

Note that restoring the iPhone will restore the previous iPhone firmware. Your iPhone will be completely erased after the new firmware is installed. So make sure your back up is good!
    No. If restoring put the previous firmware on, jailbreak would be so much easier. This is impossible and does not happen.

​Not only that, but there is no way to make sure your backup is good. You just have to hope it is.
    07-29-2013 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD