Battery Usage with Personal Hotspot?

captain7576

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just setup personal hotspot on my ATT iPhone 4. Just curious what others are experiencing with battery usage when using this feature. Is it better for the battery using Bluetooth or wifi?

StevenJ_AK

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I tether to my mbp just about everyday and I've been using wi-fi. The battery life seems about the same as when I was using Bluetooth, probably about 25-30% in two hours of tether. But the wifi has much better range. I can actually get up from my desk and walk around the office and not lose connection completely. Where as blue tooth a outh twenty feet is it. Whenever I feel the battery is getting low I just plug it in via USB to my computer and it charges back up!

captain7576

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
SteveJ,

Thanks for the info. Not sure how much I'll tether to my MBP but that's a good suggestion to just plug it in to the MBP to charge. If you're doing that, could you not just tether via USB instead of wifi? I'm guessing moving around the home/office with a phone tethered isn't very convenient. I'm also wondering if the MBP uses far more MB of data than an iPad?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW