ok so since saturday texts to my fiance and myself were taking 30-60 minutes to go through and be received.
    AT&T put in new sim card last night and text to myself still took 38 minutes.
    Today they were taking 12 minutes this morning and now taking 2-3 minutes and texts to fiance taking same amount of time.

AT&T said it could be antennae problems and to go to apple for replacement.

My question is will Apple even do anything now that texts are taking 3 minutes as opposed to 12-30 minutes?

Should I even bother going in?

Anyone else having texting issues with AT&T?

Thanks
    04-05-2011 03:31 PM
    ok so since saturday texts to my fiance and myself were taking 30-60 minutes to go through and be received.
    AT&T put in new sim card last night and text to myself still took 38 minutes.
    Today they were taking 12 minutes this morning and now taking 2-3 minutes and texts to fiance taking same amount of time.

AT&T said it could be antennae problems and to go to apple for replacement.

My question is will Apple even do anything now that texts are taking 3 minutes as opposed to 12-30 minutes?

Should I even bother going in?

Anyone else having texting issues with AT&T?

Thanks
    Just tell them your texts are delayed. Anything longer than seconds is a problem. They will replace your phone.
    RIPNHL2005 likes this.
    04-05-2011 03:42 PM
    No problems here but I highly doubt it's a hardware issue. More than likely a carrier issue that will correct itself on it's own. Give it a few days.
    RIPNHL2005 likes this.
    04-05-2011 03:47 PM
    I don't think it's a hardware issue. I've had texts from my wife come in more than 12 hours late. Usually they are quick though.
    RIPNHL2005 likes this.
    04-05-2011 03:55 PM
    Well now I'm getting my texts within 10 seconds of sending them...I don't know WTF happened between Saturday morning and now but now it seems to be working fine. New sim card and all.

Thanks anyway!!!
    04-05-2011 04:05 PM
    No problems here but I highly doubt it's a hardware issue. More than likely a carrier issue that will correct itself on it's own. Give it a few days.
    agreed. i had an issue back in december to where is was getting back-to back-to back-to back-to back texts at a time.. like they accumulated and then came all at once!

turned out it was indeed a network issue, which corrected itself within a couple of days
    04-05-2011 04:50 PM
    Yeah, seems like a network issue to me. Not hardware.
    04-05-2011 05:19 PM
    I had the same issue back in the beginning of 2009 when they put 3G towers in my area.
    04-06-2011 12:37 PM
    I've been having a lot of issues with txt and mms messages the last couple of days.

Today it took 5 hours before I received an mms I had a coworker send me. Tonight I tried getting an automated txt reply and still not received after an hour
    04-07-2011 10:38 PM
    I've been having a lot of issues with txt and mms messages the last couple of days.

Today it took 5 hours before I received an mms I had a coworker send me. Tonight I tried getting an automated txt reply and still not received after an hour
    Since AT&T started allowing MMS on iPhone I've been having trouble with them. They always take forever to send, and sometimes they never get sent. I sometimes have to send MMS's three or four times before they finally go through.
    04-07-2011 11:16 PM
    Since AT&T started allowing MMS on iPhone I've been having trouble with them. They always take forever to send, and sometimes they never get sent. I sometimes have to send MMS's three or four times before they finally go through.
    its probably just EDGE, it's slow, that's normal.
    04-09-2011 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD