Hey guys. Just looking for a little advice. Ive got mine and my wifes upgrade but she isnt really into phones or tech so I have the option to use both. Ive been holding on to my upgrade since last June for the 5 skipping the 4 with my 3gs. The main thing I want in a phone upgrade is the camera and screen. Do you guys think I should try to hold on for the 5 for the 3 to six month wait or get a 4 now. Keep it a six months to a year and jump on the 5?

I know its another "should I, shouldnt I" post but what would you guys do?

Thanks,

Brandon
    04-05-2011 08:42 AM
    My situation is a little different since I didn't have an iPhone at all, but I jumped on the iPhone 4 a couple weeks ago. I have another upgrade in the wings if I wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 5 when it comes out. I absolutely love my phone, but it's my first iPhone so maybe you are okay with the 3gs for now. It's nice to have that extra upgrade because you can always sell the other iPhone for good money.
    04-05-2011 09:32 AM
    I would say upgrade. The 4 is great and I'm sure the 5 will be awesome as well. You can always sell the 4 once you get the 5 and still make out good on the deal in the longrun.
    04-05-2011 09:37 AM
    Thanks guys. Does anyone know if AT&T has a stipulation of time between being able to use an upgrade?
    04-05-2011 10:29 AM
    Thanks guys. Does anyone know if AT&T has a stipulation of time between being able to use an upgrade?
    You can use upgrades whenever you want as you have them available
    TheZink likes this.
    04-05-2011 11:16 AM
    I would definitely jump on the 4. There's no definitive information on when the 5 will be released, so you might as well enjoy the 4 now. Then, when the 5 is released, you can use your second upgrade for that and sell the 4.

As for the screen, it's AMAZING. It hurts to look at my friend's Evo... the Retina display blows it away. As for the camera, it's AMAZING as well. I just went to New Orleans (for NCAA tournament) and solely used my iP4 for photos. Here's one I took with the camera's HDR setting so you can see:

Hopefully you can make a decision that makes you happy!
    04-05-2011 04:27 PM
    Although i jumped on the 4, i did it because i had a ****berry Torch (worst device, even the pearl 8120 is better..) id suggest you wait, the only differences i feel between teh 4 and the 3Gs (i had this a while back) is the front camera , flash and different shape. I love my i4 but honestly if youve waited this long might as well its supposed to be 2x as fast and 9x better graphics, id just wait as for me, im waiting till i6 now
    04-05-2011 05:13 PM
    Buy now. nothing
    Jon Seals likes this.
    04-05-2011 05:17 PM
    If you upgrade can you keep the unlimited data plan?
    04-06-2011 12:36 PM
    I think so - I upgraded my phone from a blackberry to an iphone 4 and they grandfathered my unlimited data plan.

Make sure you ask them and be very clear about it - in fact you should probably ask to see your account details when they do.
    04-06-2011 12:49 PM
    i did with no problems. just keep reminding the Rep during the process
    04-06-2011 12:50 PM
    That's what I'll do then. Thanks, BLiNK.
    04-08-2011 09:22 PM
    Thanks for your advice guys. I picked up the 4 last night and couldnt be more happy with it!
    04-13-2011 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD