i keep getting text messages that i cant read. about 5% look like the pic below. this weekend, a friend on a tmobile blackberry had to have sent me 5. this was close to 25% of his.

anyone know why? anyone else get some text messages like this? anyone know how to fix it?

jailbroken 4.2.6
    bitesms

thanks, Cody
    04-04-2011 01:35 PM
    What does the text msg look like in the native SMS app? Do you have any type of 3rd party emoticon apps?
    04-04-2011 01:59 PM
    How did the person send an iPhone emoji with a blackberry?
    04-04-2011 02:13 PM
    What does the text msg look like in the native SMS app? Do you have any type of 3rd party emoticon apps?
    this is how it looks in the stock messaging app.

no 3rd party emoticon apps. i really only use them with my kids. the person i was talking with on the screen shot was not trying to put an emoticon in the message.

thanks, Cody
    04-04-2011 06:17 PM
    How did the person send an iPhone emoji with a blackberry?
    he didn't send an emoji on purpose. the message contained :[ and the bite sms app saw it as an emoji
    04-04-2011 06:20 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me but the other person was with Verizon as well and did not use a smartphone. It only happened once though.
    04-05-2011 11:26 AM
    perhaps the garbbled msg is a function of the sender using emoji but from a non-iphone (you said blackberry?)... perhaps it's an emoji incompatiblity between platforms... or combination of that and being on separate networks (BB on T-mo sending emoji message to VZW iPhone).
    04-05-2011 02:47 PM
    What were they trying to send?

I've gotten messages like that from people who were forwarding me those services that send jokes, animations, or just garabage. They come all messed up just like that.
    04-05-2011 03:59 PM
    What were they trying to send?

I've gotten messages like that from people who were forwarding me those services that send jokes, animations, or just garabage. They come all messed up just like that.
    We were just talking. He wasn't sending me anything. It seems to be on large messages over 160
    04-05-2011 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD