Cant read some text messages on vip4. help....

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
i keep getting text messages that i cant read. about 5% look like the pic below. this weekend, a friend on a tmobile blackberry had to have sent me 5. this was close to 25% of his.

anyone know why? anyone else get some text messages like this? anyone know how to fix it?

jailbroken 4.2.6
bitesms

thanks, Cody
photo.png

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
What does the text msg look like in the native SMS app? Do you have any type of 3rd party emoticon apps?

this is how it looks in the stock messaging app.
photo2.png

no 3rd party emoticon apps. i really only use them with my kids. the person i was talking with on the screen shot was not trying to put an emoticon in the message.

thanks, Cody

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me but the other person was with Verizon as well and did not use a smartphone. It only happened once though.

mi_canuck#IM

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
perhaps the garbbled msg is a function of the sender using emoji but from a non-iphone (you said blackberry?)... perhaps it's an emoji incompatiblity between platforms... or combination of that and being on separate networks (BB on T-mo sending emoji message to VZW iPhone).

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
What were they trying to send?

I've gotten messages like that from people who were forwarding me those services that send jokes, animations, or just garabage. They come all messed up just like that.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
What were they trying to send?

I've gotten messages like that from people who were forwarding me those services that send jokes, animations, or just garabage. They come all messed up just like that.

We were just talking. He wasn't sending me anything. It seems to be on large messages over 160

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73