Dust under screen

Flavortwists

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I searched and to no avail there was no topic covering this... I have the iPhone 3GS and I have dust underneath of my screen. I've read some things that this is a glass screen defect that the apple store will replace but the nearest apple store is over an hour away and I don't want to make a trip unless I know for certain they will replace. I've called them and apple support; neither of which has heard of this. The phone works great but under certain light it bugs the crap out of me... Anyone else heard of this or read anything about it? Thanks in advance!

I've cleaned my screen so many times and the dust is in the same spot an continues to get worse.

Tapa talking that shizzzzzzz

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This problem is fixed with iPhone 4 but did exist on 3GS as it happened to mine. I went to Apple and they installed a new screen on but they were hesitant at first. Can't guarantee they will with yours. I would recommend if they do and you pocket your phone, do not anymore. I started using a pouch and no more lint/dust after that.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of people getting this fixed for free at the apple store, not always though. But most were still under warranty or had apple care.

TheZink

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
My 3gs has this. I had it fixed and a month later I have dust under the screen again. Its very annoying but I just try to ignore it.

Lushay

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an iphone 3gs, it has some specs of dust under the screen (have changed the screen protector and they're still there), would this be causing the touch screen to be unresponsive at times? The home key always works, but the screen is unresponsive at times. Any suggestions?
I've updated, restored, reset, turned off and on and the issue continues....

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This problem is fixed with iPhone 4 but did exist on 3GS as it happened to mine. I went to Apple and they installed a new screen on but they were hesitant at first. Can't guarantee they will with yours. I would recommend if they do and you pocket your phone, do not anymore. I started using a pouch and no more lint/dust after that.

Just out of curiosity, which pouch do you use? I've always wondered why people would use them (instead of a case) and how they carried it around. Do you still pocket it after it's in the pouch, or do you toss it in a bag?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, which pouch do you use? I've always wondered why people would use them (instead of a case) and how they carried it around. Do you still pocket it after it's in the pouch, or do you toss it in a bag?

I use a pouch not designed for iPhone 4. The brand is Mybat but not sure what phone it was designed for. I took my phone to a mall kiosk and gave them my phone with white bumper on and told them I need a belt pouch that would fit with the bumper on. The pouch will fit any of my cases except Otterbox. After getting lint under my screen on 3G and 3GS, I didnt want to pocket my phone anymore. And I use the pouch by clipping it on my pants/belt.

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
And I use the pouch by clipping it on my pants/belt.

Haha, dork!

You actually don't have to worry about dust under the screen with iPhone 4. The glass is glued to the screen.
But I also use a pouch once in a while. I like to use my phone without a case but still want to protect it so I put it in my pocket with a micro suede pouch from Sfbags.com.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Haha, dork!

You actually don't have to worry about dust under the screen with iPhone 4. The glass is glued to the screen.
But I also use a pouch once in a while. I like to use my phone without a case but still want to protect it so I put it in my pocket with a micro suede pouch from Sfbags.com.

Lol. That why I said this has been fixed on the 2nd post of this thread. But I still prefer pouch.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Check out Senacases.com. They have a really nice slim pouch case. I've used their cases since the original iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2