3GS Restore from new. Mail & Cal option greyed out!

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have just Restored as New my wife's 3GS. I have set everything up as it was before the restore and all is well apart from Mail & Calenders.

She used Outlook for her contacts but Google for her calender and it worked a treat.

In iTunes I simply had a tick in the Sync contacts with Outlook, all other options are unchecked.

I have now come to set up her googlemail accounts on the iPhone, and the option to add Mail & Calender are greyed out! I hit the Mail icon on the task bar and it allowed me to enter details etc. However, when I go into the Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calenders ALL the Account options are grey and I cannot alter anything. I can see that Mail & Calender accounts exist (as set up as described earlier), but cannot alter or even disable them.

I have tried a hard reboot and on/off cycle.

Any ideas folks?

Sorry this was written in a bit of a rush!!

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
What a Muppet I am, of course! I forgot I had enabled the restriction to stop her messing!

Thank you so much, I was going round in circles.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
It was kind of ironic!

Problem is, I just have to fiddle with gadgets. It's always getting me into trouble.

I would like to say that I have learnt my lesson, but something tells me I have not, lol.

:eek: