Did you get lucky with your iPhone purchase?

appleater

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I wanna tell you my iPhone 4 purchase story, which is quite cool:

Last November I was looking for an iPhone 4 to buy. But there was no iPhone 4's to buy in any of the GSM-stores I visited. Every single time I was told the same thing: "We don't have any and we don't know when and how many we're gonna get" All the iPhone's that the stores got were sold immediately :eek:. So naturally there where a lot of frustrated customers going back and forth every single week in these stores just to be given a NO over and over again :mad:

After a while running after a phone that I wasn't gonna get any time soon, I was considering to give up and live without an iPhone, no matter how cool it was :rolleyes:. But before giving up, I decided to check this internet company out once more that I knew sold iPhone 4's with a quite high price tag, about ?200 more than the store prices were. So, I typed the address and waited the site to load, assuming that I would see the same way too expensive prices to greet me. When I finally saw the price for the 32GB model, my jaw dropped to the floor: they were asking THE EXACTLY SAME PRICE than the GSM-stores were and they HAD iPhone 4's in stock :eek: You can quess that it was no brainer for me to click the "buy now" button :D

Now to the "Wow, I got lucky" part of the story: The following week after I had ordered my black iPhone 4 32GB model, I decided to check if the company still would sell the phone at the same price. I wanted to know if the cheaper price was just a temporary glitch in the ordering system because I found it odd that they would sell their iPhone's cheaper than ever before.
And apparently it was just a glicth: a week after the price had gone up to the normal -way too expensive- range :rolleyes:

But wait: there is still one more thing that makes my story "WOW, I I got REALLY lucky"...

About a month later when I had received my new shiny iPhone 4, and loved it with all my heart, I was surfing on the web and decided to check the company's web site once more, just for fun. I was speechless when in the front page of the company's website read in bolded letter's: "We don't sell iPhones and iPads anymore, our main consumer products now are iPad accessories" :eek:

Then I realized: I may have bought their last iPhone 4 and I got it with the same price as everyone else, I have an iPhone now and some people are still running back and forth waiting and waiting... -> :D

So, that is my "I got lucky with my iPhone purchase" story, and I would like to know if anyone else has gotten as lucky? What is your story? :)

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
LOL i bought it off someone, locked to a different carrier, had wifi issues, took it to apple, they gave me a brand new one (unlocked? cuz it worked on my carrier atleast) :D so ig to lucky and i bought it for 450$ :D

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T store I went to didnt have any but the employee call up the next closest store and luckily they had it so she drove up there and picked it up for me and I ended up getting my iPhone 4 :)

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
At the first one the only person in that day tried to talk me out of it

I hate it when stores try and talk to you like you don't know anything like this. Or they somehow think because you prefer a different phone then them that you are some kind of fanboy sheep, when in fact they are acting more fanboyish by allowing their device prejudice to affect how useful they are at their job.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I wanna tell you my iPhone 4 purchase story, which is quite cool:

Then I realized: I may have bought their last iPhone 4 and I got it with the same price as everyone else, I have an iPhone now and some people are still running back and forth waiting and waiting... -> :D

They are? Whats your source? Cant you get them anywhere now?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When it came out on 6/24/10 I pre-ordered it. My friend that works at a corp
store made it for me. Funny thing is that it shipped and I picked it up the
morning of release day. But he told me that there were quite a few people
that ordered ahead of me that day and still didn't get their e-mail confirming.
So I guess I was sorta lucky.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner